Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Swifty II Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Swifty II Kayak by Perception

Rated: 9.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

07-23-2014

I have had my Swifty for about 15 years and love it. I can carry it if need be. Love the length as it is perfect for whichever mode of transportation I use to take to Stone Mountain Park. I used to paddle with my Samoyed and it was perfect for both of us. She loved and was the hit of the lake.

07-03-2014

There are faster boats, there are prettier boats, and certainly boats that hold more gear, but if you are looking for a kayak to get you started learning the basics of kayaking, this would be a good choice. It is plastic and almost unbreakable. I have bought and sold 26 boats since I purchased the Swifty 20 years ago, but I will never sell this one.

07-31-2013
Submitted by: RickSend Email

Easy to paddle and navigate for a beginner. Lightweight and easy to carry and load. Would recommend to anyone wanting to enjoy the great outdoors at their own pace. I have paddled other brands and some are hard to steer and require excessive effort. Perception has the perfect design.

10-05-2012
Submitted by: JGSend Email

This Kayak is my first experience, outside of aluminum and fiberglass canoes. I love the way it handles in the water, compared to canoeing. Even though it is a tandem, you can simply add a cooler or extra weight to the front seat and use it solo to fish or just cruise. The plastic shell is very durable in the shallow creeks that I visit. Loads of fun, with a partner, or not.

05-04-2009

My girlfriend got this kayak for me (us) for my birthday last summer. I had mentioned wanting a kayak a few times when we were in places, and while I was not trying to hint she buy one, she surprised me with the Swifty II.

My first impression of it was WOW It is almost as stable as the Grumman canoes we used in Boy Scouts. Tracking is actually pretty good, once we got a rhythm going, and learned to paddle as a tandem. Wind definitely is no friend to this big kayak, but it does have mounting hole and molds for a rudder kit, which I may add someday down the line. I ended up getting a splash deck for it from Oak Orchard Canoe (they are close to me, in Rochester, NY) because I got pretty wet since I generally take up the rear.

I give it a 9 and not a 10 for a few reasons:
Its heavy, 68lbs I think, not fun to get onto a roof, even though I have a Dodge Neon. Also, I would have liked if it was capable of being paddled solo, with moveable seats so it could be used for an awesome fishing kayak. I've since bought a solo kayak for that purpose, however...

Anyone looking to get a tandem kayak and doesn't want to spend a fortune, this is a great kayak, and they seem to be priced around $500-600 near me. Stable enough to handle the wake of powerboaters, and not roll or tip or anything. I cant wait until it warms up more to get this yak out on the water!

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!