Product Reviews > Kayaks > Heritage Kayaks > Stingray 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Stingray 12 Kayak by Heritage Kayaks

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

05-11-2011
Submitted by: waterratSend Email

I have been paddling for the last two years and was borrowing friends kayaks and renting until a recent purchase of the Stingray 12, I love it. I tested various other kayaks and was about to purchase the Dagger Axis 12, but also loved the Pungo 120. Both were very similar. Then I found the Stingray 12 for a much better price.

This kayak is almost identical to the Pungo 120 (best selling kayak) and it feels the same in the water. It tracks great with the slight "V" hull as the Pungo. It is more of a hybrid in that you can use it in lakes for greater ease in paddling, and rivers up to class II rapids. I did catch on some shallow rocks twice on the river, but did not flip!

The slight V hull does mean it will give into turning better, on rocks as well with the river current! But I wanted more of a hybrid for the versatility. If you want the same out of your kayak, I would highly recommend this Stingray 12. Be sure to do your research prior to purchasing and get the kayak that will best suit your needs.

04-24-2009

Wife & I decided to have a "family" kayak, one that our daughter and us could use for some recreation around ponds, easy rivers & calm ocean days.

The Heritage Stingray 12' does all of this plus being a fair fishing machine (just added two Ram Tubes fore & aft for that). She looks like a fat Pungo & behaves as good as any Pungo or the excellent Featherlite 12 we had in the past. Good tracking, nice layout, tons of storage on a good for everyone kayak that keeps Heritage Kayaks as one of our favorite among all kayak manufacturers.

Only thing I'd add to this beautiful lady is a front bulkhead, as of now we stuffed some safety bags in there to aid on the safety side of it. Other than that the Heritage Stingray 12 has been money well spent.

Rendezvous River Sports