Product Reviews > Kayaks > Cobra Kayaks > Escape Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Escape Kayak by Cobra Kayaks

04-03-2014
Submitted by: Peter CurtainSend Email

A great all-rounder. 11.5 foot sit-atop plastic kayak at only 40 pounds or so. It has a large front hatch and smaller cockpit hatch for personal items. Cockpit has robust, high-backed, comfortable clip-on seat with clip-on legs straps to brace against.

There is a self-draining rear well which is perfect for gear carriage or cooler storage. I often take 2 kids on it: one with me in the cockpit, the 2nd in the rear well. It is rated for up to 400 lbs. Very stable: the kids and I can stand on the bow and jump off.
It tracks well, I use it for winter training.

03-19-2010

I'm 5'3", 150 pounds female and I thought the Cobra Escape was a perfect kayak for me, a beginner kayaker and avid birdwatcher. But the tri-hull causes a lot of noisy hull slap, which chases the birds away even before I can get close. The tri-hull is quite stable, although it did get tippy a few times in choppy waters. I managed to control the kayak at the last minute to fore go dumping. The tippiness may be because the seat is quite high in the kayak which makes it somewhat top heavy when you're sitting in it.

The Escape is a nice looking kayak with lots of storage for overnight camping, but the smooth sides scratch easily. It tracks well and at 34 pounds, it's easy to haul back and forth to the water. This is such a fun sport. I just wish I had known about the hull slap which disrupts the quiet of the lake and my birdwatching.

04-20-2009
Submitted by: BradSend Email

Just took this kayak out today for the first time and it is my first kayak. It tracks very well and is quite stable. I couldn't find hardly any reviews when I was researching as I believe the Escape is a new model brought out in 2008. The high back seat is nice though it was sliding forward a bit. I'll have to see if I can tighten up the straps.

The O Hatch between your legs was handy with a removable "cup" that is a great place for phone, wallet, etc. in a plastic ziplock bag just to be safe. Got a large A Hatch in the front and 2 rod holders behind the seat. It only weighs 34 lbs so it is easy to carry by yourself and put on top of your car. I use the foam blocks and straps and it works well.

If you're looking for lots of storage behind the seat for camping gear or whatever you'd probably better look at another kayak. It's probably enough for a small cooler or sleeping bag. I got a lot of good comments on the kayak today. It's a good looking and great performing yak and so far I love it.