Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Vapor 12XT Angler Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Vapor 12XT Angler Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 9.38/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

Vapor 12XT Angler Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 28.50" - Starting at: $699.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Old Town Canoe Logo

09-07-2014
Submitted by:

It's a decent kayak for the price. She has a roomy cockpit, tracks well and has good primary stability. I did a 10 mile river trip against a 35 mph wind and had very little problem keeping her straight. I would have rated her better if the seat was more comfortable. Planning on swapping seats during the off season.

07-11-2013

I have had the Vapor 12XT Angler almost 3 years. I live on a lake and use it frequently. It has also made two trips to Canada for lake cruising and fishing trips. I am 6'4" and 220lbs. It is very stable with plenty of room for my gear. The seat is comfortable for all day paddles. Highly recommended!!!

10-17-2012
Submitted by: JTSend Email

I have owned this boat for over two years, as a REC boat, I have used it on rivers, small bays and lakes. The boat is very stable and can take a beating. The wide open cockpit is great for having all your gear in front of you as well I can easily take one of my kids in front with me and still have lots of room to paddle. I would prefer that it had a dry hatch instead of a day well.

06-01-2011
Submitted by: W.D. - Rating: 10 of 10
This review courtesy of www.outdoorplay.com

The Vapor 12's stable design makes non-dock-boarding a pleasant experience instead of entertainment for all your buddies on shore, and the twelve-foot length helps with straight tracking. Once you get settled in the large cockpit and adjust the foot pegs, you can start adjusting the Comfort Flex seat to your liking. Thigh pads help prevent gunnel-dig on the outsides of your legs and a molded paddle rest holds your stick when you stop to take pictures. Bottom Line: Twelve feet of polyethylene can go a long way.

03-07-2011
Submitted by: rbwSend Email

I have had this kayak for a year now and I love it. I am 6'2" and 220 lbs and I easily get in and out of the cockpit. The downside to a large cockpit is that it is difficult to reach the dash. I do however use the dash to hold extra lures, when I'm switching them out.

I have fished with this on bay, small lakes, reservoirs, creeks and rivers. I have to say it rides well on even the lowest rivers. My buddy has a small 10' Perception and I didn't scrape bottom any more than he did.

On the lakes I get around fine. It tracks well, but takes a little extra effort to get the boat moving. I love the primary and secondary stability. I have crossed 2' wake from large sports boats without any instability. I also caught a 12 lb catfish that took the line from my rod under and to the opposite side of the boat and I never felt like I was going to tip.

I love the storage and can fit my sleeping bag, pup tent, dry bag, 6 pack of beverage, tackle, and 3 rods.

11-02-2009
Submitted by: FRSend Email

Did a full day river trip and about half way through my 70lb daughter join me in the kayak,she was tired of being in her kayak. The kayak took the extra weight (I am no slim-jim--+290)and performed great.. just purchased mine.

06-09-2009

I tried this kayak for the first time and was really impressed with the initial and secondary stabilization. You have to rock this kayak real hard to capsize it. The seat is adjustable so you can find a comfortable position for paddling. The Vapor tracks well enough without a rudder. It would be easy to load enough gear for a weekend if you don't take the fridge and kitchen sink. The dash is a far reach for me and the rod holders don't have caps on them to keep splash out. Overall I like this kayak and hope to do some fishing with it soon.

04-14-2009

I just paddled this kayak today for the first time. I am 5'10, 259 lbs. Very comfortable for me. Photos showed that my 135 lbs son had about the same water displacement. Seat back is very comfortable. I was only in the craft a few minutes and felt seasoned. Plenty of room for a small tackle box, rods, and a small soft sided cooler in the cockpit. Initial stability is great, and secondary is only better. I wouldn't hesitate to spend the day in it. Dashboard is a bit of a reach...