Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Seeker Exp. Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seeker Exp. Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 7.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

08-05-2005

Dagger Seeker, Plastic, 16.6 foot. Purchased (2) in 1997. I paddle weekly for the last 9/10 years on smooth to some current. I find the Seeker very stable but completely without any reliable tracking capability. Being a beginner paddler, I thought the problem was my fault. My wife moved on to a Perception Eclipse and left me alone with the two Seekers. I installed two rudders that solved the tracking problem. Dagger should be ashamed for putting the product out. Sorry, it has taken so long to post the review, but I just found the site. I actual just bought a Perception Eclipse like my wife and the question now is what to do with these two pieces of work. I certainly would not want to give them to a good friend.

02-12-2001
Submitted by: Ray StanleySend Email

I had the Seeker for awhile now and I really can't say enough about the Seeker :)It tracks wall, it's fast :)Handles great in calm or rough water. I've been in many types of Kayaks, Glass and Plastic and have to say that the Seeker can stand with the best of Kayaks. But the seeker is not for large or very tall people. I'm 5'7 155lbs this Boat will suit the average to small very wall. P.S. I installed a Skeg, that's right a Skeg. not a rudder. talk about tracking. MAN!!!

07-07-1999
Submitted by: B.S.Send Email

I just purchased the Dagger Seeker Expedition with rudder. This is the perfect kayak for kayak touring. Hatches are watertight and there is plenty of storage for overnight cruising and week long excursions. The boat tracks well but also turns well when leaned. Secondary stability is excellant!!! This kayak performs well on our inland ocean in Manitoba, Lake Winnipeg!!!! The padded seat is comfortable and there is enough leg room for taller paddlers. I am 6'3 and found the cockpit comfortable, No sleepy feet or cramps. I highly reccommend this boat for all levels!

03-31-1999
Submitted by: BCSend Email

The Dagger Seeker (Expedition) was the fist kayak I ever owned. I was expecting a tippy kayak but the Seeker felt very stable from the beginning. It takes waves and wind with ease. I have never felt that the boat was out of control because of the conditions I was paddling in. This plastic kayak can really take a beating and still look good. It also can hold a staight line very well, almost too well at times as it requires more of a sweep to turn it. The only commpaint I would have is that I sometimes struggle to move my feet around as the space in the cockpit next to my feet is a bit cramped. I have know passed this boat on to my son and he really loves it. I would call the seeker a perfect boat to start out with and one that can take you from lake, to ocean, to river and back with no problem.

03-08-1999
Submitted by: MDSend Email

Superb sea kayak! Very easy to paddle w/rudder or w/out rudder. Does real well in different weather conditions on rivers and lakes. Lots of dry storage for extended trips. Only con I have is the limited cockpit space (between bottom of hull and thigh brace) making it uncomfortable in long treks. Overall this kayak is still superb in handling even as an old design.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports