Product Reviews > Accessories > Bomber Gear Bombshelter Spray deck Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Bomber Gear Bombshelter Spray deck

Research Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in the Buyers' Guide!
Sprayskirts and Spray Decks
View Sprayskirts and Spray Decks in Buyers' Guide

10-07-2008

Kayak: Poly Necky Chatham17 - Paddler: 5'11" 185 lbs.
Prior to this skirt I have used several others; Snap Dragon, Wildwasser Neo/Neo, Kokatat. I found that skirt is by far the best skirt I have yet to use. The reason I say this is because it has all the right features in the right places. Deck is made from 4mm neo with 2mm neo tunnel, with cordura reinforced combing. The next feature that was unlike any skirt I have used before,is the "subscreen", which are the graphics that are printed on the neoprene. These graphics actually serve a purpose, they allow the neoprene to repel water. I found this feature to be ideal due to the fact that it works no matter what.

The tent shape tunnel that is supposed to shed water, only works when your skirt is in the ideal location. Another feature is the massive band that is used to maintain the water tight seal around the combing. It also has a convenient clip incorporated into the pull loop, I use this feature to hang it from for drying. I found that over all this skirt is simply "bomb proof" due to the fact that it has the no gucci gimmicks that get you to buy it.

This skirt is simple and unbelievably effective in all water conditions. At this point I also no longer prefer pockets on the deck, and utilize a PFD with some storage. Pockets on deck seem to complicate reentries.