Product Reviews > Kayaks > Ocean Kayak > Prowler 11T Angler Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Prowler 11T Angler Kayak by Ocean Kayak

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

08-11-2014

Ocean Kayak Prowler 11T Angler is a great kayak. Light enough for me to maneuver by my self. Used on Allegheny River in PA and inland lakes in GA.

PRO: Tracks straight and is very stable. LOTS of storage in center console!!
CON: Difficult to see rods when in rod holders.
SUMMARY: Yes, I recommend this kayak!

10-03-2011

I purchased this kayak for fishing and short-range touring in the Florida Intercoastal waters. For fishing, it serves its purpose quite well. It is very stable, and I can stand up and cast in very calm water for a short period. It seem to have good initial stability, but when pushed it will quickly flip over. Because of its weight and wetted surface touring is an effort. It takes a lot of energy to get it going and keep it going. At 54 lbs. it is at the top end of comfort to load on my car rack by myself. To be sure, the boat has utility in that it can do a number of things--none of them really well. If you are considering the longer version, note that it is not as wide and not much heavier. I may be more satisfied if I had the 13. I think it would be a better all-around compromise.

12-16-2009
Submitted by: D BirdSend Email

Long Term Update:
I really like this boat! It's been on several trips down Central Texas Rivers since 10/2008. It handles great in rapids and is very quick & straight on flat water. Storage options are fantastic. The rod pod opens the entire inside of the boat to storage and easy access.

My only complaint is the scupper holes. They are very vulnerable to river rocks. Two trips down the Devil's River and the scuppers are heavily damaged. Probably won't make too many more trips before blowing out. Ocean Kayak needs to place the scuppers in a channel like Wilderness Systems and Malibu has theirs. This is my only complaint, but it's a big one. If you intend to have your SOT in shallow rocky rivers, you might look for an alternative. Ask the guys at Austin Kayak which of their rental boats need the most repairs.

10-15-2008
Submitted by: D BirdSend Email

I bought the OK Trident 11 after demo'ing at Austin Canoe and Kayak. What drew me to the T-11 was its compact size, seating comfort, stability, maneuverability, and cargo capacity. I needed something to run Texas Hill Country rivers and provide enough capacity for a 2 to 3 day campout. I weigh 220 lbs and carry about 25-30 lbs of gear. I like to fish and the rod pod was another plus.

I took the T-11 out for the first time on a 2 day trip down the South Llano river. The yak was an absolute pleasure. The South Llano has rapids in the class 1 and easy 2 range. The T-11 is exceptionally nimble, and it handled the rapids without any trouble. It also tracked very nicely. The river has several long stretches of open water and I was usually out in front of my buddies without exerting a lot of effort.

My only minor complaint was that I tended to take on some water in the cockpit when running the rapids. About 1/2 inch would accumulate over time, and I'd have to get out and pull the scupper plugs to let it drain. (For comparison, one guy was paddling a Malibu X-factor. It never took on water through the rapids.)

10-09-2008
Submitted by: BMTSend Email

I took possession today of a new OK Trident 11 as I was searching for a fairly short and light yak to replace my Tarpon 100. Tossed it in the bay today during conditions of brisk wind and medium chop. The Trident 11 will prove to be a very popular yak for fishermen/women... it is fast for a short yak, remarkably stable, tracks just dandy, and is very nimble indeed. I must say my yak fishing life would be difficult from now on without a "rod pod" which I can easily access on the water.

The Trident 11 does the things I want it to do much better than my Prowler 13 and is light years beyond my Tarpon 100... I have fished more than a few yaks, but none have surprised me more in a positive way than does the Trident 11... as a plug, this is the fourth yak I have purchased from Mr. John of Coastal Paddler in Beaumont, Texas. His hospitality and service are super. It is worth driving a few extra miles to do business with him.

07-28-2008
Submitted by: John 'Toast' OastSend Email

Ocean Kayak's Prowler Trident 11 is an awesome compact sit-on-top. It has a cross lock front hatch and rod pod, like the Trident 13 and 15, and is a smaller version of the longer models without the sonar shield. The kayak is surprisingly fast for an 11 foot kayak, and is extremely stable. this is a great kayak, especially for someone looking for a smaller or more portable kayak.