Product Reviews > Canoes > Savage River Works > Wee Lassie Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Wee Lassie Canoe by Savage River Works

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

10-06-2009
Submitted by: TURTLESend Email

To add to my review after 1+year and lots of trips.
This is one tough boat for it's weight! I have thought I have wrecked it several times and it's fine! I still don't know a boat I could kneel in for it's weight I could take on my ADK trips. A recent trip down the headwaters of the Osswagochie was a hoot! After an easy 3.5 mile carry, Tearing around the numberless hairpin turns using the shallow V hull's virtues to the max. I'll never sell this boat.

06-18-2008

I bought this canoe set up for kneeling because I wanted a light pack type canoe I could kneel in. I got the carbon/kevlar with an extra layer of kevlar at 16#. I'm sure it's a little more because of the kneeling seat which it is not normally equipped with. With its narrow width and having a shallow V-hull, I expected it to be tender and it is, but manageable. It has more rocker than I expected and can really maneuver. It also is surprisingly fast. I have used it on a rugged packboat trip in the ADKs with rocks and a lot of log/beaver dam drag overs with a load in it and it held up well. A little more stability would be nice, but I don't know of another boat that will do what this one will and be anywhere near this light.