Product Reviews > Canoes > Dagger > Passage Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Passage Canoe by Dagger

Rated: 9.83/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

03-27-2012

The Passage is an amazing canoe. I used it with my family taking my wife and two daughters on long rides on several lakes in Harriman state park. The boat is stable and at the same time fast!

03-01-2012
Submitted by: G. BoundsSend Email

I got my Passage a week ago and love it. For a 17'4 canoe it turns very well; a lot better then my 15'6 Pelican Explorer and it's lighter then the 15'6 also. It'll be great for canoe camping.

05-26-2011
Submitted by: jcbSend Email

My Dagger Passage is about 15 years old. I bought it for $500.00 from a duck hunter. His Lab was trying to get in the boat as I pulled away. Even the dog knew this is a great boat. This boat is big (definitely two paddlers), stable (holds everything you can put in), and fast (great flatwater and up to class II rapids, no problem). Both ends have been repaired with dacron and epoxy but it is still one of the best boats I have ever paddled.

03-19-2010
Submitted by: PatrickSend Email

I have owned the Dagger Passage for about two years and absolutely love it. I have taken it out solo many times on Wisconsin lakes and rivers and have ventured out into Lake Superior and the boundary waters with it. I have taken my kids with me and they love it too. It tracks extremely well and is easy to turn. If not loaded, it can act like a sail in high winds but it is otherwise close to the perfect canoe for me.

03-20-2009

I'm reluctant to give my review. Why? If there's a used one out there I'd prefer you'd email me so I can buy it. Over 10 years of adventure racing and this is the best canoe I've paddled.

06-04-2008

The main reason I am posting this review is in case someone has found a used one and wonders what the boat is like.

The Dagger Passage canoe is probably the best Royalex tandem canoe ever made for wilderness tripping and general usage. It is the lightest (at 54 lbs.) and fastest plastic cruiser available. It also has the capacity to run easy Class III rapids fully loaded in capable hands. The fact that it is no longer in production is disappointing, but if you can ever get your hands on one you will never let go. It is simply the best. I have paddled almost every make and model and have owned quite a few and it is Number 1.

The Passage almost defies convention in that it goes fast but turns relatively easily with a modest lean. It is a true hybrid for wilderness tripping and can be solo portaged with ease.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports