Product Reviews > Accessories > Seal Line See Bag Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seal Line See Bag

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

SealLine Logo
See Products from SealLine in the Buyers' Guide!
SealLine in the Buyers' Guide:
  • See Pouch
  • See Bags

08-05-2013
Submitted by: ckyriaSend Email

I have owned three different size bags. A large one for all my camping gear on overnight trips. This item is indispensable. My have flipped my canoe on several trips and my camping gear (tent, sleeping bag etc.) have always been safe and dry. I usually keep any gear not in my tent at night in the dry bag. This has saved my clothing and gear during night time rain storms. A small dry bag is great during the paddle and day tripping. It is a great place to keep electronics, keys, wallet and other items.

07-26-2013
Submitted by: LindaSend Email

I have just ordered this dry bag to replace one I've had for 12 years. The old one finally sprang a leak. I've got my money's worth and love this small dry bag that I keep behind my kayak seat with things I may need.

09-12-2012

Over the years I acquired quite an assortment of Cascade Designs transparent dry bags, both the clear and the amber types, ranging from 5-liter to 30-liter ones. I liked them because I could see the contents without opening them, and because they sealed quite well. I used them a lot, and over time the bags began to develop cracks along the upper fold lines where the sealing strips are located, pretty much as described by the earlier reviewer. Along with the clear bags I have used an assortment of Seal Line Baja dry bags, which are also made by Cascade Designs and are apparently fabricated from a different type of plastic; I have never had any problems with the Baja bags. I contacted a customer service representative who seemed genuinely interested in having me return the clear bags so their technical people could examine them. So, I sent back nine of the clear bags. Within a couple of weeks Cascade Designs replaced all nine clear bags with Baja bags. Talk about a company standing behind its products! I was impressed.

I cannot say that the transparent bags were defective, but the Baja bags are more durable, in my experience. I would give the clear bags an 8, but Cascade Design's customer service merits a solid 10, so let's average the two and give them a ranking of 9 overall.

08-17-2010

This is an update to my review below. I emailed Cascade Design directly and got a near immediate response. They told me to return the bag, and 10 days later I have a brand new bag. So, I'd now rate the bag an 8, and because it is so handy to see the stuff in the bag, and the company stands by their products, I recommend the See Bag.

08-04-2010

This review is for a 5 liter bag that I've used for 2 or 3 seasons. I would not recommend this bag, if you want it to last. Mine has developed cracks along the fold lines where the product is supposed to fold! I liked the clear see-through aspect of the bag, and was concerned it might scratch with age, but with just a couple years use, scratches never had a chance to develop. The only reason I rate it above 1 or 2 is because for 2 years it was very good. I also have an old Seal Line 10 liter bag that has a few pin holes; at least those can be patched. There's no way to fix the break along the folds of the See Bag. It may be guaranteed, but who knows, and after a couple years, who knows where receipt is? My next dry bag won't be Seal Line, for sure!

01-16-2008

This review describes the 10 liter bag.
I have had two 10 liter clear bags in my kayak for months. I carry a second set of cold weather clothing as I paddle in cold weather and in extreme conditions.

I originally purchased a single bag, but the 10 liter bag didn't have as much storage room after folding down and sealing the top. This isn't a design error on the mfr, I should have purchased a larger bag originally.

All similar bags lose a few inches from the top after you repeatedly fold the top down to seal the bag. The smaller the bag, the relatively larger percentage of storage space the closure requires.

Although I have never inadvertently been immersed in subfreezing temperatures (I perform my rescue training in 50+ temps), this is an essential piece of gear for me. I always carry a spare set of polypro underwear-top and bottom, a wool or synthetic fleece top, and a synthetic fleece vest, two Mylar blankets, and two heat packs.

I like the clear bags because I can immediately identify the contents. Clear bags are "sticky" and don't slide easily against my kayak or other gear bags. This is an issue with all clear bags I've seen and isn't specific to Seal Line.

Field note: Placing gear bags - clear or colored - within inexpensive plastic trash bags will extend their working life. The plastic bags don't work for waterproofing, but provide a layer of buffer material. This is particularly effective in sandy conditions.

The Seal Line bags work exactly as advertised.
Highly Recommended.