Product Reviews > Accessories > Leatherman Wave Multitool Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Leatherman Wave Multitool

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Camping Gear in the Buyers' Guide!

07-21-2013
Submitted by: Jeff SmithSend Email

This has been an absolute great investment. I have used ours for over 5 years now. It is strong, and can do most tasks we require it to do. We can apply great pressure with the pliers which is not done with confidence with other competing tools. Don't leave home without this tool!

01-16-2008

The Wave is another high quality tool from Leatherman.
A multitool is an essential item to be included in a kayak toolkit. I won't list all the features, but suffice it to say, there are many functions and features on this tool.

One of the best features is the locking blades. Both knife blades (serrated and smooth) and the saw blades lock. This is a great safety feature.
Although multitools include a plier and various screwdrivers, I always supplement my multitool with either a "Swiss Army" type knife or an "offset" screwdriver. This is a necessity as if one is using the plier component of the multitool to hold a nut, one can't use the screwdriver simultaneously.

That said, this is a great tool. The steel and finish work is substandard to Victorinox multitools (yes Victorinox makes plier tools), but the individual Leatherman implements are screwed in - you'll need a special bit to remove the security screws - and replaceable. Victorinox implements, however, are pinned rather than attached with a screw and are not user replaceable.

You won't go wrong with any multitool from any major manufacturer. The Wave is dense, compact, and well designed. If I hadn't recently handled a Victorinox multiplier with its higher quality implements, I would have rated the Wave a "10." After seeing what is possible with such a multitool, I detriment Leatherman one point...
Highly recommended.