Product Reviews > Accessories > Magellan Explorist 500NA (GPS) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Magellan Explorist 500NA (GPS)

Research Electronics in the Buyers' Guide!

01-14-2008

I bought this at a large retail store because of the cheap price $200 on sale. The GPS by itself is pretty good. However the version I bought is the NA version. I had bought the LE version and it sucked.. The device was not seen as a USB drive.. I had to turn the lamp off to get it to connect at all. Since returning the LE for the NA edition, I've realized that the ac adapter and LiON battery are necessary for the device to connect properly to my PC and be seen. If I unplug the AC adapter it is detected as unknown USB device.

Magellan's tech support is the worst I've ever seen. It is farmed out to India and you are repeatedly told to call back in 7 days regardless of your previous calls and pleas for help. I've been on hold over 5 hours to India and still no one has been able to help me unlock the license for the software I purchased. I'd be surprised to see this company around in a few years. To say they don't care may be overstating.