Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Switch Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Switch Kayak by Necky Kayaks

12-03-2007

I've had my Switch for several years now. I love it. I even learned how to paddle whitewater in it. I've had people offer to buy it off of me and I have refused. I'm going to hold onto it until one of us dies!

Pros: Great speed, great carving, wonderful to surf, even a nice boofer!
Cons: The bow and stern are extremely low volume which can get you in trouble if you aren't paying attention to the edges. But they are great for throwing down.

I would definitely recommend this boat to any intermediate or above paddler looking for a fun river-running playboat. Good luck getting your hands on one though. Everybody I know who has one isn't giving their's up.

I would suggest that beginners go in another direction. It's a fairly wide boat which makes it somewhat difficult to roll (I still have a hard time hand-rolling in it). Also the extremely low-volume ends make it very unforgiving. But that being said, I learned in it so I guess it's not that bad!

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

New York Kayak Co.: