Product Reviews > Accessories > Jazz "Tripper" paddle (New Zealand) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Jazz "Tripper" paddle (New Zealand)

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

06-05-2008
Submitted by: Sharon MaguireSend Email

About a month ago, I broke my favorite wooden paddle while playing in the surf, my friend lent me his Jazz "Tripper" paddle to finish out the afternoon. I liked this paddle so much, that I bought one the next week. The Jazz was very light weight, adjustable for length & feather, well balanced, comfortable on my hands, and the quality was phenomenal. It's a LOT of paddle for the money. Maybe it's a good thing that my wooden paddle broke...

11-07-2007
Submitted by: Francis EarleSend Email

I have been paddling sea kayaks since 1994, averaging 80 to 100 hours per season. I have owned many kayak paddles, including Epic, ONNO, Werner, Fenn and Braca.

I purchased the Jazz "Tripper", sight unseen, after seeing it advertised in a kayak magazine. I call the distributor to learn more about it's construction. The blade is a carbon fiber fabric, toughened with epoxy resin, using a proprietary resin transfer molding process which makes the blade more resistant to de-lamination and edge splitting. Sounded good to me.

The Jazz has a "Quicklox" adjustable, take-apart, connection for both feather angle and length. I found this connection to be very positive and reliable. The blade is a very generous blade, about 19-1/4" x 7-1/8" by my measurement. It has a subtle dihederal and a slight spooning which contributes to a smooth and flutter free catch.

From a personal point of view, the fit and finish of the Jazz paddle is impeccable. The balance and swing weight is near perfect. My paddle weighs 30 ounces, and the comfortable shaft is easy on the hands, after hours of paddling.

This paddle has become my favorite over all the other paddles I have used. After two seasons of constant use, I rate it a well earned 10 out of 10. This is one paddle you should check out. You won't be sorry.