Product Reviews > Kayaks > P&H Sea Kayaks > Quest LV Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Quest LV Kayak by P&H Sea Kayaks

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

07-07-2010
Submitted by: JennySend Email

I got my Quest LV last summer. I love it! It's really fast and nimble. I have the carbon kevlar and it is really easy for me to get it on my car.

02-24-2010

I have the Quest LV in Carbon/Kevlar and I am 5'5" even though it is sold as low volume it is quite roomy for me. (This is a good thing as I wanted the room for long days 8 hrs+ without getting out) The footbraces suck (I have a 2006 model) they pop out of their position when I roll and are hard to adjust. I believe the newer models have better foot braces. The kayak Tracks well Even better fully loaded and you can load it. It handles well in rough conditions and I trust it completely. The foward/aft paddle bungies are useless underway as you cant get the paddle back in place (easily modified with some beads) I also had a problem with the skeg getting stuck up due to the tabs that guide it were a little too big. This caused the cable to kink. (again P&H has a new system) Overall I give the kayak a 9.5 (scale forces me to give it a nine) This is a great kayak for long touring trips and day touring. It also rolls well.

10-20-2007

After an Easky 13, a Capella RM166 I finally decided to take the plunge as a committed sea kayaker and buy a state of the art boat. The Quest LV is that boat. I got my one with a carbon/kevlar clear gelcoat hull, and a metallic blue deck. Cost here in the UK was 2,100 (discounted from 2,450)

The boat, after my last Capella RM166, is a revelation. It edges beautifully, doesn't weathercock, rolls easily and has brilliant storage compared to the Capella (extra 1 ft long), it's VERY light compared to plastic and ultra stiff, and accelerates and cruises with ease. Hatch covers are super light and totally waterproof.

The boat is marked as LV, but at 5'7" and 200lb I'm not Low Volume(!). Many others have commented on UK sites that it's really best suited to >10st people. It's also marketed as a "day/play" boat for bigger people, so really it'd be best to try before you buy.

I found that with standard seadog footrests they were fully extended (I must have long legs even though I'm short) so I don't know how a 6ft+ person would fit in it! I've removed the footrest assemblies altogether and put in a 3" thick full minicell bulkhead as a footrest- much more comfy and less weight/volume in the cockpit. The boat is excellent now and it was like getting a boat with a custom front bulkhead having it that close from standard.

The only problems I've had with it were from the start - a leaking stern toggle and skeg cable, plus a poorly finished keel strip at the skeg area.

Here's a link to the details I left on a UK forum:

P & H really needs to sort this out, many others I know have had similar problems - poorly fitted seats, finishing etc and it's really not acceptable.