Product Reviews > Canoes > Holy Cow Canoe Company > Sportsman Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sportsman Canoe by Holy Cow Canoe Company

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

09-29-2011

I purchased a Kevlar Sportsman about two years ago for fishing, camping, and general paddling, and have used it hard on ponds, lakes, creeks, and rivers large and small. I am still impressed by the construction and quality - this is a great canoe for the money. At 47 lbs., it is very easy for me to get it to and from the water by myself. Great color choices available - mine is oxblood - very eye-catching on the water and on the SUV.

Very impressed by the speed, tracking, and maneuverability of this canoe. Used it on a 4 day fishing trip in the 1000 Islands, paddling from sunup to sundown every day and wished we could stay an extra day. It flies through the water, and I'm pretty sure someone could waterski behind it if you use a kayak paddle.

Used it for a father/daughter canoe camping trip - it paddles and tracks well when fully loaded too.

All in all, a great canoe and I highly recommend it. My only complaint is that the guy in the front always seems to catch more fish than the guy in the back. Hopefully this design flaw will be addressed in a future model!

04-21-2010
Submitted by: L HerringSend Email

Owner of 5 canoes in past. Purchased Holy Cow Sportmans last year (2009). Now with about 6 trips, lakes, bayous, and rivers I will attest that this is a great water craft. SALES: company convinced me that for my needs/profile I was looking at too big a boat (prospector) and that my needs would be better met by lower capacity...sportsman. Glad I followed the advise: perfect fit, very good in wind and fast! Paddling solo is very rewarding...I took it out on open Bay waters and it performed well in the wind. In all, great sales interface, great design and finish out, excellent performance.

09-17-2007

Purchased this kevlar canoe on eBay and went to factory to pick it up. A very nice tracking canoe, easy to paddle. Previous canoe was Old Town Camper and while not quite as stable as the Old Town, it was such a pleasure to paddle. Would recommend this canoe for someone that has previous experience in a canoe.

The people running the company have years of experience constructing canoes and answered all questions I had. At 50 pounds, I could easily pick up and move the canoe myself. This canoe was very well constructed and as good as any of the well more known brands.

Harken: