Product Reviews > Accessories > Suspenz Kayak Storage Rack (2-6 boat) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Suspenz Kayak Storage Rack (2-6 boat)

Rated: 9.92/10 Based On: 36 Reviews

Suspenz Kayak, Canoe & SUP Storage Racks Logo
See Products from Suspenz Kayak, Canoe & SUP Storage Racks in the Buyers' Guide!
Suspenz Kayak, Canoe & SUP Storage Racks in the Buyers' Guide:
  • 6-Boat Free-Standing
  • 3-Boat Free-Standing

06-24-2014
Submitted by: MattSend Email

A great kayak storage solution! This works perfectly in my garage as I can easily roll the rack out if the garage and straight to the back of my truck for easy loading. The product is well designed and uses top quality materials! Oh, and the customer service I received from Pam was outstanding!

12-10-2013

I recently risked divorce and bought a third kayak. I already had the free standing Suspenz rack, and wanted to expand it's capability to hold three boats. I bought another hanger and the base extension and in the matter of minutes was able to expand my racks capabilities. If I were ever to want to add another boat it would be a simple matter to hang another carrier on it.
I highly recommend the Suspenz products. Well made and very adaptable!

08-31-2013

I purchased the Suspenz two boat rack with the optional roller wheel assembly about a month ago. As some others have stated I thought the price was a bit high initially, that is until I received the product and saw how well made and heavy duty it was. Directions are very straight forward, assembly takes about 1 hour including clean up and having the recommended beverage while admiring the new rack.

The only issue I had was the online description stated it had adjustments for width, depth and length of Kayaks, and even gave a chart to set up the distance between the two stands. When I received the product it came with a 1 piece cross bar that did not allow for any length adjustment. I phoned Suspenz and was told that the new bar is adjustable and I apparently did not receive that. I was told that Pam would call me as she was more familiar with the new bar. Just as I was finishing putting it all together Pam called and confirmed that I did need the new bar. She told me to go ahead and use the existing bar and she would have the new one shipped to me. When I received the new one I also received an email with a prepaid RMA to send the other bar back. This was a very pleasant experience with Excellent customer service that is lacking today with most purchases.

The Suspenz Rack is an excellent product, well worth the money. Very well constructed, powder coated and best of all "Made in the USA". My wife and I can now paddle for a few hours come home roll the rack out to the driveway, load them and rinse them and all our gear and roll it all back in the garage in time to enjoy happy hour. Very pleased with the rack and the customer service.

08-02-2013

Before I start let me make this clear - I HATE to assemble anything. So when I opened the box and saw a lot of parts I was not happy - that said you have to love a product that even gives you the appropriate wrench to put it together with. Even better they suggest you have a drink - needless to say an adult beverage or two made the job go pretty quick.

The directions were in English and not translated by a high school student. The actual number of steps were reasonable and not an issue. I only found one discrepancy between the pictures and the written instructions - a call to Suspenz answered that.

Once put together my boats went on easily and they look to be held in a very stable manner.
I like the stand and would buy it again.

06-11-2013
Submitted by: RJRSend Email

Great product. My kayaks survived a hurricane on a lake in CT last year without any damage. I needed some new parts for the product today and calling Supenz was one of the more pleasant retail experiences I have had in a long time. I would recommend the company and their products.

02-12-2012
Submitted by: Ed KSend Email

I've had our kayaks stored outside .However over time the wasps, squirrels & other critters started making the boats their home, not to mention the weather deterioration of the covers. I recently purchased a Suspenz four boat free standing rack system to place in our garage. I thought it might be a bit "pricey" until I received the unit. This rack system is the best I've seen. Well worth the money! Easy to assemble and looks great! A friend even commented that it looks like a fancy store display! I had one minor issue but it was very quickly resolved with just a phone call. The kayaks are easy to get on & off the racks. Great product!! I've made some disappointing internet purchases in the past but this was NOT one of them! Thanks Suspenz!
- Ed K in Florida

10-04-2011

I just recently purchased the two boat storage rack on wheels and the Kayak carrier. Both are exceptional and the support from Suspenz was superb and helpful.

09-15-2011

I called Lauri at Suspenz some time before they offered multiple kayak racks. I was looking for a solution for 4 kayaks and after looking online at their 2 boat solution, I was hoping that they had some ideas for me. Lauri was incredibly helpful, told me that they were working on a solution and offered to send me the parts to expand their 2 boat rack to a 4 boat rack - along with helpful information as to how to stack the boats.

It has now been well over 1 1/2 years and the Suspenz rack has been fantastic. The rack is very well made and the solution is perfect. I have 2 heavy boats on it (Pamlico 140 & Tsunami 145) and two lighter boats (12 foot Calypsos). It is very easy to get the boats off and on and keep them safe and off of the garage floor. I highly recommend Suspenz and their products.

02-10-2011
Submitted by: JerrySend Email

I received the 2 boat free standing storage rack and the expansion rack.
Great product. Very easy to set up and install. Very easy to load the kayaks by myself. Plus the rack system looks great also.
Highly recommend the products.

12-02-2010
Submitted by: CoreenSend Email

I just wanted to let you all in on what a great product the Suspenz Kayak storage rack is. We have a 24 x 24 ft. Garage with a workbench and shelving and we can fit our 2 Delta Sea Kayaks 1- 15.5 and 1 -14.5 on the Suspenz free standing model, our Tacoma 4x4 and an Outback in the garage with plenty of walking space around! The boats fit nice and snug to the wall completely out of the way.

The purchase of the Suspenz was one of the most crucial in protecting our investment in these boats. Easy to move, easy to adjust with 2 different size boats,the bulkheads are in 2 separate places so the free standing set was the one for us, easy to load and unload for one person! We are so pleased with the Suspenz we would recommend it to anyone. This is a great product!

05-03-2010
Submitted by: 2K Adventure GearSend Email

We ordered five of the three-boat systems for display in our new store. They are awesome racks pretty easy to assemble. There is a lot of traffic in the store and I am confident that the boats are secure on the racks. They were a great find.

10-07-2009

I purchased the free standing rack for 2 kayaks in May and bolted it to my dock. The ease of assembly, design and engineering and quality of materials is all top notch. We use it to store my wife's 14' Impex and my 17'7" CD (both composites) I can unlatch my boat, carry it to the launch platform & enter the kayak in less than 2 minutes. An F1 tornado went through our area in late Aug. and felled a large tree which struck my dock with enough force to cause over $9,000 damage. A limb from that tree struck my kayak (top of rack) and broke it in half. The Suspenz rack was still standing with only one bar bent from the impact. Customer service promptly provided a replacement without charge. Suspenz has no equals!

07-21-2009
Submitted by: Mark SpencerSend Email

We just got our Suspenz Kayak Rack for 2 boats. The rack was super easy to assemble and works great for storing our 2 Necky 12 foot kayaks. Great product really well designed and easy to use. Totally worth it if you need a simple storage solution.

06-05-2009

Wow... this is one world class system, from the opening instructional page when it stated "...have a cold beverage of your choice" I knew I made the right selection.

The 2 rack system was received, un-packed and installed in less than 45 minutes. I could not be happier, I feel secure knowing my investments in some fine watercrafts are nestled quite firmly in a system that is so easy to use.

I highly recommend the Suspenz rack system, these guys get it - wonderful people to talk to as well.. did I mention that shipping was fast... I can't even paddle that quick

05-01-2009

I went to the Charleston kayak show and purchased a Suspenz free standing rack for two kayaks. It was shipped to me and it proved to be one of the best racks for storing your kayak that I have seen. It went together very easily and I give it a 10 plus

01-28-2009
Submitted by: DRWSend Email

I purchased the 3 kayak free standing model over the holidays.
I had recently moved and no longer had access to a garage. My 3 boats fit perfectly, and yes they're expensive, and some assembly is required but they were worth it. I only wish that it would come with an option of a sun-shade to be placed on top of the stand.

10-20-2008

Excellent design, great quality, and outstanding customer service! A very sturdy, neat, and secure way to safely store my two expensive kayaks. I could not be happier or more impressed with this product and with the customer service.

09-15-2008

I just purchased and set this up. I'm very happy with it. Easy to set up and a perfect way to clean up the boat minefield that my dock was turning into. I balked initially at the price, but now that I have it installed I'm thinking it was a good value.

08-28-2008
Submitted by: mahSend Email

We purchased the double free standing rack and it works great for our 2 Hobie Mirage kayaks. Great quality.

08-25-2008

I recently purchased the 2 boat free standing rack system and it is great. I got it a day earlier then anticipated. It was very easy to assemble and to adjust. I have two Swift Kiwassa 12.6 boats and it holds them perfectly. It is extremely easy to put the boats in and take them out of the rack. This is a fantastic product. I also would like to say that the customer service is as top shelf as the product.

07-24-2008
Submitted by: SJSSend Email

We recently installed a 3 boat rack in our boathouse. With only 36 inches of walkway between the wall and the water, this unit stores a 15.5 ft. Adirondack Guide Boat and two 12 foot kayaks very securely and with walking room to spare. The products are well designed and engineered. Easy to assemble, strong, and efficient at holding boats. Great products.

07-15-2008

Suspenz 2 Boat Free Standing Rack
No complaints...fast processing of my order (including my P-net discount), quick shipment and a prompt arrival. It was less than a week from submission of my order to delivery (including UPS Ground ship time from the other side of the country). It took all of about 25 minutes to assemble both towers and about 5 minutes to figure out the adjustments, features, etc. once I got my boats on the rack. Heavy duty construction and attractive styling were the icing on the cake.

07-11-2008
Submitted by: KGSend Email

I recently purchased the Suspenz 2-Boat Kayak Rack and what a great product! The assembly was EASY - it even came with a wrench. We have 2 Pungos (12' & 14') and this rack made it easy for me to load my boat myself. When we get our next kayak (not sure when) then I can expand this rack to hold 3 yaks. I have been looking an outdoor storage solution for some time and these racks live up to what they say they will do including "suspends your boat". Highly recommend the Suspenz racks.

04-30-2008

I did all my research before purchasing my 2 boat free standing rack, and I'm so glad I listened to reason. Very sturdy (I have 2 fishing tandems loaded), extremely well engineered, and to top it off, fantastic and friendly customer service (Lauri). I am so impressed, I just ordered another wall mount for my yak at the beach house! Thank you, SUSPENZ!

03-25-2008

Excellent design, well built, easy to assemble, and holds boats off hard surfaces. Great product.

02-04-2008
Submitted by: UweSend Email

Easy assembly - most importantly provides excellent and secure storage in truly a minimum of space for our two kayaks. Loading Kayaks into racks, as well as taking them out is positively easy! Terrific product!

01-28-2008

I recently assembled my 2 boat rack system and could not have wished for a better made product. I have a 14' WS Tarpon 140 and a fiber composite 18' Impex Cat4. They fit perfectly and securely on a super efficient design. Highly recommend!

01-18-2008

I am extremely pleased with The Suspenz rack. After an easy assembly I put two plastic boats on it. One is a Wilderness Systems Northstar (tandem) and the other is a Perception Eclipse 17. I'm impressed with the engineering that went into this quality product to create a stable and versatile rack. I had been looking for a storage solution for over two years. When I saw this rack on-line for the first time I knew my yaks would be happy.

12-07-2007

The Suspenz "2 boat" rack is excellent! I have an 18'10" Extreme and Dagger Cortez safely stored away for a northern Minnesota winter! Assembly took less than an hour with a headlamp! Customer service is incredible with attention to satisfaction and done with professionalism. I will definitely buy the extension when I need it! Thanks for an incredible product at a GREAT price!

11-17-2007
Submitted by: John F. Kaiser, M.D.Send Email

My wife and I store two Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140s (14' SOT) on our Suspenz free standing rack and feel confident that our yaks are stored securely and optimally. This is a superbly well-designed storage system that functions exactly as advertised: in a nutshell, perfectly. Assembly was a breeze. We love these racks and give them our highest possible recommendation.

11-15-2007
Submitted by: Bob NSend Email

I've been using my Suspenz racks for about a month now for a WS Tsunami 145 and a Necky Manitou Sport. They were easy to assemble, work great and a tremendous convenience. Company follow up to ensure customer satisfaction is excellent! A cost effective way to protect your investment for years and they look great!

11-14-2007

In a word AWESOME!! I am using the rack behind my shed on a bed of rocks and the rack is stable enough for me to allow my 2 year old grandson to play around it. I am actually proud to own such a solid rack.

11-13-2007
Submitted by: Steve Wiley

As others have stated these racks are well designed and do the job well (and they look good too). We're storing 2 Hurricane Phoenix 14 foot boats in our Condo garage with the free standing rack. The hardware gets a 10. The company's customer service is among the best I've experienced...they get a 15 here!

11-12-2007
Submitted by: Nikki MackSend Email

We have two Wilderness Tarpon 120's. We love, love, love our two boat rack from Suspenz. It only took about 45 minutes to assemble and it was very easy to load the boats too. Lauri Crowe was very accessible and helpful. We highly recommend to anyone.

10-25-2007
Submitted by: denoSend Email

I purchased the 2 boat free standing rack and it is great. Wonderful quality, easy to assemble. Our Pungo and Kewee fit perfect...

09-10-2007
Submitted by: Karl FritzscheSend Email

I've had the 3 boat rack up in my backyard for close to 2 years, holding 1 Dagger 16.8' sea kayak, 1 Perception 17' kayak and 1 Wilderness Systems 14' SOT kayak. A nice heavy load and it supports the boats very well. Even with a child and two dogs running around it I feel 100% confident that it'll stay up right and protect everyone and everything. The strap and cradle system hold the boats secure and at zero risk of boat deformation. I like that feature a lot.