Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Voyager 138T Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Voyager 138T Kayak by Old Town Canoe

08-19-2014

This is a 13'8" tandem. It seems to maneuver easily, and yet track well. I agree with what someone else mentioned: with the model I have paddled, it seems like they just took the solo Voyager boat and crammed a second seat into it to make it into a tandem, so I would not really consider it as a tandem except for two smaller people, and the rating is based on two smaller people using it. They may have more ideal tandem options now...

08-29-2011
Submitted by: THSend Email

I have had my voyage 138T for three seasons plus and find it extremely stable and perfect for all types of use, family, novice, casual nature observation and even competition! Now don't get me wrong, it will not beat the top end models but with good technique you can hang with them.

09-01-2007
Submitted by: WillSend Email

I had recently sold my Old Town Otter Sport also known as the Rush (which I liked very much). I wanted to upgrade to a larger kayak. So I set out and found the Voyager 138. Looked like a nice yak.

I got her home and set out on the maiden voyage the next day. I was immediately set back by the seat arrangement. I have held high standards for Old Town through the years. I am now undecided. They put their name on this kayak, which is supposed to replace the old Loon 138 .

I hate the seat. No pad, so I am sore and constantly sliding off the front of the seat. I stuff a towel under me for padding. And the sliding seat will not stay put. The nylon screws will not hold it in place.

The seat is holding me back from a full review because that is all that is on my mind while on the water. I also found out shortly after buying it that Old Town will not carry the hatch kits for these any more. Which upsets me because I need a hatch kit for it. So I am starting to think I bought an obsolete model ???