Product Reviews > Accessories > Seamanship for Kayakers DVD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seamanship for Kayakers DVD

Research Books, Videos, & More in the Buyers' Guide!

07-30-2007

"Seamanship for Kayakers: Navigation Getting There and Back" is a lackluster DVD that is best left for the discount bin at the local paddle shop. I skipped the fist DVD entitled "Getting Started" and thus cannot comment on it. I wanted to jump right into the action. John Dowd is your host, and his comprehensive book on sea kayaking has left rings around my buttock on more than one occasion when I simply couldn’t put it down. It is exceptional.

This DVD, conversely, is a yawner, and I frankly have to wonder if I learned anything from this disc. Navigation is a tough subject, and any instruction would be welcome. This DVD is not it.

Spirit Sails: