Product Reviews > Accessories > Columbia Bora Bora Hat Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Columbia Bora Bora Hat

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

06-14-2007

The Columbia Bora Bora is a broad rimmed hat with a UV rated top, and mesh under it connecting to the brim.
As with all my hats they must be ready for immersion, and have ease of maintenance. I have found with the Bora Bora that the brim gets soft and floppy after several swims or a few races when it gets soaked with sweat. So in order to keep the brim fairly stiff, I put 3+ feet of 12 gauge wire through the outer band of the brim (1 footx2pii). The wire allows me to shape the brim and is easy to pull out to put in washing machine. The wire also is useful to tie up a seat if its mounting bracket breaks..

I love the hat, and have bought three, two which I have offered up to the river gods...
Good value for a summer hat.