Product Reviews > Accessories > Fuzzy Fleece Changing Robe Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fuzzy Fleece Changing Robe

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

06-14-2007
Submitted by: Tim HardinSend Email

I love my Fuzzy Fleece, too!
I paddle year round, and my fuzzy is especially nice in the winter when it is snowing on my head. I can be super cold getting out of the water, but as soon as I pull the fleece over (using the hood for snow/rain protection) I am warmed immediately! Of course, I use my fuzzy year round, and have a second one just for lounging around the house.
Feel free to email me if you have questions, but the website, (www.thefuzzyfleece.com) gives pretty much all the info you need.

06-12-2007

What is a Fuzzy Fleece and why am I reviewing it for the Paddling.Net site?
The Fuzzy Fleece is an over-sized polar fleece (100 wt) pull-over robe that has proved itself wonderful for a wide range of things besides just staying warm!
It caught our eye as a "portable changing room" for kayakers. At 6'4" tall I could take this robe with it's cowl type hood, drop it over my head without putting my arms in the sleeves, and change my pants without offending sensitive onlookers. Then I could pull my head in - like a turtle - and change my shirt/jacket or whatever!
We ordered two in the appropriate sizes for my wife and I. She is 5'4" and the Fuzzy Fleece may be ordered in a shorter length for shorter people.

Amy Besch is the maker of these robes. She made and sent our FFs to us in about 10 days. Mine fit perfectly reaching to within about 8" of the floor. My wife's seemed a bit short. I sent Amy a note and we engaged in very pleasant e-mail discussion in which she insisted on correcting the length issue.
The customer service was absolutely wonderful! You can find it at thefuzzyfleece.com.
Other things the FF has proven itself great for... Getting out of a mummy bag without freezing: I use mine as a pillow. When the "urge" catches me at 3:00 a.m., I pull the hood over my head slither into my FF while I slither out of my sleeping bag. Works great! Running out to get the paper in the morning! That works, too!
But, the best use is the one it is designed for... staying warm and modest while changing from your paddle-wear to your street-wear.

The last thing I want to mention is the big kangaroo pocket in the front. It is deep enough that it will hold all of those loose things you might have... pocket knife, flare kit, radio, gps... and they won't fall out.
The only caveats I have to offer are: Don't change near nettles or burrs

Send Amy the length from your shoulders to where you would like the FF to end above the ground. If you want something a bit more "custom sized" drop her a line and ask her about it. I have no doubt that you will be pleased with the outcome.
The usual disclaimers apply... I don't have any investment in this company.