Product Reviews > Accessories > Bell VooDoo Bent shaft paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Bell VooDoo Bent shaft paddle

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

07-30-2013
Submitted by: AEBSend Email

I was a BWCA guide for two summers and the Voodoo bent shaft was my paddle! The tip of this paddle must be made from pure glory because I have beat and battered this paddle and left nothing more than a few scratches and maybe a 1/8 inch chip in the tip.

I love the feel of the large egg shaped grip and the oval shaft (very comfortable for paddling all day). I have probably give this paddle three life times worth of use and except for a few scratches and dents in the shaft it looks like the day I bought it from Piragis.

I have to mention it is a bit pricey but after breaking three BB specials, it doesn't look quite so bad. I wish I would have just bit the bullet and bought this paddle first.

06-06-2007

This paddle, made for Bell by Mitchell, is very sweet to use. I recently bought one before heading into the BWCA, and became more pleased with every stroke I took. The paddle is light for wood, has a strong catch, and is very quiet due to the sharp edges. I thought I would be modifying the grip shape, but it turned out to be quite comfortable (but it did need additional applications of oil). The only downside I see is the softness of the cedar shaft: It collected a number of dings during paddling & portaging.