Product Reviews > Accessories > Talic Condo Tilt Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Talic Condo Tilt

Rated: 9.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Talic Logo
See Products from Talic in the Buyers' Guide!
Talic in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Canoe Roost
  • Cayuga 2-Kayak Rack

01-15-2009
Submitted by: old_man_in_the_kayakSend Email

When we moved to a new home this past spring, we purchased two Talic Tilt racks to store our Pungo 140's in our garage and up out of the way. They are made with quality material (wood and nylon web), were easy to assemble, and installed easily and quickly. When we have the kayaks out, the hangers fold neatly out of the way, close to the wall. Even though we mounted them head high, when we put the kayaks back, it can still be a one person job.

09-15-2007

Just installed 2 pairs of these systems and they work like a charm. I previously had my boats suspended from the ceiling rafters in my garage, but it was getting to be a nuisance to haul them up and down with the "nylon strap/ratchet clamp" system.

My wife's boat is a wide Hobie Mirage SOT and mine is a Wilderness Tsunami 145. Both fit on the tilts with ease and lean on an angle against the wall so they don't stick out very far at all. (I was thinking about using the regular Kayak Condo, but it comes straight out off the wall 24", which would have made pulling my car in and out a little dicey.

The racks themselves are well-made, but I found one of the bolts to be too short and went to Home Depot and bought a few that were half an inch longer. Other than that little issue, I had no problems assembling or installing the racks. I would recommend them for almost any type of kayak.

08-24-2007
Submitted by: DanSend Email

The Talic Tilt racks work as described by the manufacturer. I was leaning toward the condo, but like the other reviewer, I was concerned about my two 12 ft. rec. boats fitting. Buying 2 sets allowed me to stagger my boats to use as much wall space as possible with each kayak pointing in opposite directions. I was at first concerned about the included assembly hardware being a little short, but once fully installed and tightened up, everything worked just fine. Very nice, custom, and clean looking rack system and highly recommended.

05-22-2007

After reading the descriptions of the various Talic Kayak storage options we chose the Kayak Condo Tilt which is recommended for Kayaks wider than 29 inches. We have Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160i's which are 28-29 inches wide. The Kayak Condo Tilt works great. The directions were easy to follow. These kayaks weigh 65 lbs each so we mounted the first one just high enough off the floor to set a row of storage containers underneath. They appear very secure and these kayaks sit very securely in these slings.