Product Reviews > Accessories > Salus Torrent Guide Vest Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Salus Torrent Guide Vest

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

07-02-2014

I tried on all of the paddling vests I could find at a major boat show and am happy to say that I chose very well. My vest fits very well; it has anatomically correct padding for women which is awesome. I wear it for kayaking, canoeing, sailing and for dragon boating so it is a vital piece of equipment 4-5 times a week all summer. I can wear it for hours in complete comfort, during practice, during races,and for long kayaking paddles. It performed perfectly when I accidentally exited the sailboat during a race, getting me to the surface and right side up immediately and with no effort from me. I recommend it to all the people I paddle and race with.

04-09-2007

Salus is made in Canada and that is what attracted me at first. The materials, workmanship, and design are what made me buy. The performance of this PFD is what makes it great.

15.5 lbs buoyancy in a low fitting non-restrictive vest. It wears like a freestyle vest, very comfortable with lost of freedom in the arms and shoulders. The straps adjust every-which-way and it will stay put. The shoulder-straps work off a hidden yoke and this keeps the tension of the two straps even, even though your shoulder are moving. The adjustments for the straps are hidden but easily accessed. The pocket is large and functional, the cover for the knife sheath is great, as is the whistle pouch. The side zipper is held in place by a over-snap...its little things like this that mean a lot to me. Even an extra layer of protection over the spine. It has everything I was looking for in a WW/freestyle/rescue vest.

I am 6 foot 180 lbs and the L-XL is a fine fit for me with room to expand for early spring insulation and room to tighten up when the layers come off. Why 9 out of 10? Price. The Torrent Guide is not cheap. But the good things never are.