Product Reviews > Accessories > Sawyer VLam Touring Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sawyer VLam Touring Paddle

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Sawyer Paddles and Oars Logo
See Products from Sawyer Paddles and Oars in the Buyers' Guide!
Sawyer Paddles and Oars in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Whitewater Kayak Paddles
  • Whitewater Canoe Paddles
  • Stand Up Paddles

08-06-2014

Bought an Orca as a gift for myself and it is as fantastic to look at as it is to hold and use. The adjustable length makes it comfortable for an all around paddle. It is as at home on the lakes as it is on the slow rivers. Did I mention that it is beautiful?

07-02-2014

Wonderful folks to work with, and a great paddle. I am 6'2", with a very long upper body. I also have some carpal tunnel in my wrists. I built a cedar-strip solo canoe, and needed a very long crank shaft kayak paddle for it. I contacted EVERY other maker of kayak paddles and NONE would make a custom extra-long crank shaft, EXCEPT Sawyer. They were fantastic, "no problem, how long do you want it?" and when it arrived, it is even adjustable by a few cm's. Quality is wonderful, it looks great with my boat, and best of all, it fits!

08-23-2012

I've had my Orca VLam kayak paddle for over 4 years and have found it to be one of the best equipment investments I've made. It is light, quiet and gorgeous to look at. After it got a little scruffy, I followed Sawyer's instructions for a refinish and it turned out beautifully. On group paddles, it's often borrowed to try out.

06-06-2012

Website comparisons & searches for a light weight touring paddle lead me to view the Sawyer V-LAM Seafeather Kayak paddle at local sporting store.

First look at the paddle there is a substantial & ugly rib/extension of the paddle shaft on non power side of the blade. This should be one noisy paddle for other then forward power. I never pursued this paddle further.

The positives are the carbon shaft has slight oval shape for indexing, and has nice appearance on one side, and very light weight overall. Cost is in range of typical FG/Carbon touring paddles.
A further negative is the coupling joining the paddle sections would need further testing. To me it looks subject to slipping.

01-08-2007

Just received my new VLam as a present, and it is so beautiful,maybe it should hang on the wall with other artwork. It is fully adjustable lengthwise,degrees, as well feather light. No Water or wind flutter, and feela great in your hands. This one is a keeper.