Product Reviews > Accessories > Astral Otter PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Astral Otter PFD

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

03-13-2007

My 10 year old daughter and I just finished a 10 day kayak trip in Baja. During that time we paddled about 30 miles, needles to say her Astral Otter PFD did great. Even when soaked with salt water the vest continued to fit great,with no mention of chaffing of fitment issues. The design allows adjustments for her paddle jacket and spray skirt or for warmer weather just a t-shirt. This product has shown to be very flexible and of the highest quality, These factors are important when I think of my kids being safe and having fun. I am now in the market for Astral PFD's for the entire family.

12-01-2006
Submitted by: no name

This is the absolute best children's PFD I can find. My wife bought an astral PFD (I had been patial to Lotus) by accident so I knew they made a quality product. Safety has always been my primary concern for my kids with comfort coming in second. This PFD has the best of both. Made from Kapok instead of foam it really conforms to the child's body. My son had a chance to test it out last weekend when we flipped our canoe in a rapid. The vest kept his head high above water but still allowed him to swim unhindered. With the waist belt securely fastened, there is no way it is going to slip off. I also like the fact that it has all buckles and no zippers (which are prone to failure). Congratulations on a great product.