Product Reviews > Kayaks > Folbot > Kiawah Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kiawah Kayak by Folbot

Kiawah Kayak by Folbot

Length: 13' 3" - Width: 24.00" - Starting at: $1525.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Folbot Logo

07-26-2013
Submitted by: EarlSend Email

My first assembly time took 2 and a half hours. The second assembly went down to 40 minutes and I have not beaten that yet and not complaining. Assembly is fun and engaging but time on the water is very rewarding. Very stable, tracks well, turns well and seems little affected by wind and waves.

I have to say the boat surpassed my expectations after the 4th time on the water. Only complaint is little footroom for my size 10s. The Kiawah was a good choice as an alternative to my 2 hardshells.

04-29-2008

I've had my Kiawah for a year. Perfect for all the lakes in and around Minneapolis/St. Paul, and the many quiet rivers. Performance on those waters is equal to a hard shell. Fast set up, faster break down, stores in a closet, on a plane, in a car (no rack!). The seat isn't perfect, but there are after-market pads that can help. Sweet boat, great company.

04-21-2008

The Folbot Kiawah is a great trip day boat for a smaller adult. It is light enough that it can be easily lifted and carried solo to a launching site. On the water, it handles well, tracks but is still easy to turn, and accelerates quickly. The only downside is that there is not much room for gear, especially when using the flotation bladders.

09-19-2006
Submitted by: AndrewSend Email

My first kayak. Mine is red and is aesthetically very pleasing. It assembles easily and quickly, tracks like an arrow, and is stable enough for a beginner like myself to feel secure on the water. I give it a 9 because the seat of the Kiawah really isn't comfortable to sit in for more than an hour or so. It rests right on the bottom longeron, and is a little too hard. Other than that, the Kiawah holds true to the Folbot dynasty. Great boats that won't completely break your bank.