Product Reviews > Accessories > Stohlquist Drifter PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Stohlquist Drifter PFD

Rated: 9.29/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Stohlquist WaterWare, Inc. Logo
See Products from Stohlquist WaterWare, Inc. in the Buyers' Guide!
Stohlquist WaterWare, Inc. in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Fishing PFD's
  • Youth PFD's
  • Men's PFD's
  • Women's PFD's

08-02-2013

I've been using my Drifter for awhile now and like it a lot. It is comfortable and fits well. I can't address floatation as I have not 'needed' it for its stated purpose - I guess that is a good thing. I would definitely buy it again.

07-29-2013

I am a big person (240lbs) the fit is great. I am comfortable in the kayak with this on. There are no restrictions around my shoulders and it feels like you have no PFD on.

07-27-2013

Been using a Drifter for a few years and like it a lot, it has held up well, is very comfortable with the mesh sides in hot weather. The only cons are mine says made in China and it has just one pocket in the front right side. Good PFD!

07-26-2013
Submitted by: Jared NicholsSend Email

This lifejacket has a great fit to it with many accessible pockets that come in handy, it also has great back support. The straps are very adjustable but it can be restricting in the chest occasionally. Good pfd for long times on the water and overall great product.

07-22-2013

After using a basic PFD for 2 years, I decided to upgrade to a more kayak specific model. The Drifter was an excellent choice. Multiple adjustments make it a very comfortable vest. The high back clears the backrest on the kayak seat. My favorite feature is the side cinch straps. When you're in the water they prevent the vest from rising up around your chin unlike all the other vests I've used.
I would highly recommend this PFD.

09-23-2011

I love this PFD. I've had no problems with the fit, and found it to be very comfortable. It holds me up well in the water and I'm 175 lbs. I've even used it in a water rescue were another club member and I pulled three people out of Lake Erie in 12' waves.

08-29-2006

Bought this to replace my lotus mildwater that was recalled. Jacket fits great, very good range of motion without any binding. I like the zipper front better than the buckles I had on the mildwater. Does not interfere with the seatback on my pamlico 140 unless I raise the seat to its highest setting. The reflective tape on front and back add to visibility as does the mango / yellow color I chose. So far I am very pleased with the pfd and would recommend it.