Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wilderness Systems > Tsunami 125 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tsunami 125 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Rated: 9.19/10 Based On: 37 Reviews

Tsunami 125 Kayak by Wilderness Systems

Length: 12' 6" - Width: 26.00" - Starting at: $1025.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Wilderness Systems Logo

09-03-2014
Submitted by: annSend Email

I am 5ft 11, 230 lbs. This boat is great for crashing thru 3ft waves out in the middle of the lake. Water NEVER comes over the front or sides, and I am a big person. The seat is very comfortable. It's easy to get in and out of, but a bit tippy if part is not resting on the bottom at shore during entry and exit. I feel 100% confident in anything the lake throws at me. The only thing is I wish the footpegs extended further for my height. It's a good looking, smooth handling boat. I love it!

09-03-2014

We chose the Wilderness Systems kayaks frankly because they were the best available for us to in our area (Iowa - not exactly known for high adventure) to purchase on the spot and get out on the water that weekend. That being said, we are extremely satisfied with them. We purchased the 120 for my daughter, the 125 for myself and the 140 for my husband, average cost of around $1,000.00 give or take.

I am one those oddities who is deathly afraid of going under water but loves to be in a boat on top of it. My kayak is so stable I never fear of tipping and even without a rudder tracks wonderfully. Even on the Upper Iowa River near Minnesota where the rapids were enough to spin me around I never came anywhere near tipping. We also took them to Lake Superior at Pictured Rocks this last 4th of July and held our own on the swells with the help of spray skirts. I have to admit I was a little freaked out there with my fear of going under and all but no need, never even came close to tipping.

It also has plenty of storage for our adventures up and down the Mississippi and is made to be drug over rocks. It can easily hold everything you need for 3-4 days of camping and the bungies on top are great for sliding in an umbrella chair.

My 125 model is also made a little wider than average which is nice for those a little wider in girth or, as in my case, a bit wider than average in the bum. There are also adjustable foot pegs inside and the seat is padded and adjustable as well. A rudder can be added. Love my boat!

09-01-2014
Submitted by: MegSend Email

Great for a senior woman. Paddles straight with minimal Energy. Tipping harder in Tsunami compared to others types. Seat back feels great while paddling until you have to get in boat from rescue recovery. The seat in the way for cork screw entry from deep waters.

08-20-2014

I bought my Tsunami 125 used in Germany for $600. By far the best kayak in my little fleet. It is fast, stable, tracks well, and is very durable. What do I mean by durable you ask? This kayak came off the trailer on the Autobahn at 100 kph and other than a few scratches and frayed bungee cord is in perfect working order. It is one tough bugger! Anyway, if you are having a hard time making a decision on which kayak to buy, stop thinking about it and get the Tsunami 125.

07-09-2014

This is my favorite of the 3 boats I own. It tracks well and moves through the water well for a 12 foot boat. I have not done and overnight but I have tried fitting my gear in the holds and I could do a weekend trip I think. The seat is very comfortable and adjust easily and I like the thigh braces. My wife always tries to use it as well, but I have to remind her this one is mine.

07-02-2014

Love, love love this yak. Anytime I'm going to a new river with rapids and shoals, up to class II, this is the boat that's going with me. Stable, quick, easy to maneuver. My go to girl!

03-17-2014

Honest review time. Owned one for one summer, sold it, but am likely buying another. I had a couple minor complaints, but after paddling a number of other kayaks, I realized how much I really liked this one. Now I'm having seller's remorse, if that's possible. I had a rudder, which was helpful at times- particularly when paddling with a group and avoiding collisions, or when drifting downstream without paddling and using the rudder to keep from drifting sideways or off course.

One thing I noticed is that in small creeks, I got hung up on the bottom a little more than my kayaking buddies, so maybe it sits low in the water, don't know. I weigh about 165lbs. Also, I remember wishing that it was just a little bit longer, but that's probably just a personal pref, not relevant to this review...

I think my next purchase might be the Tsunami 135 although designed for ladies, I'm also small framed... I might go sit in them at the dealer...in any event, also wanted to note that I seemed to get numb legs after a couple hours, and usually didn't with other kayaks. Could be the foot pegs, could be user error. Although the rudder was nice, sometimes it's nicer to have fixed foot pegs for really aggressive paddling... There were several times I wished I didn't have the rudder, even though I'll probably get one again....thanks for reading...

10-21-2013

Tried a number of boats in the 12-14' range. Ultimately decided on the 125 for it's stability, good tracking, ability to turn, roomy cockpit and gliding power. This is a 'wider' cockpit perhaps designed for heavier people...but the unintended side effect is it is super stable, so if you are worrying about going over, this is a perfect boat. Will this glide like a regular 13' boat? No...but it's not bad and is way better than my 10.5' rec boat. Very comfy seat as well...not one of those claustrophobic caves, but has enough of a canopy for sun protection and to keep out most water.

Complaints...not much. Lot of scratches, but that is to be expected. The "lids" can be difficult to re-seal especially when on the water. My particular boat tracks left which appears to be a manufacturing defect (the kayak is not perfectly symmetrical) so inspect your kayak before buying.

08-03-2013

This is my third and now favorite recreational kayak. I have owned it for two years now. I have also owned a Riot Quest and an Old Town Loon 138. The cockpit in the Tsunami is quite roomy and comfortable for the small space that actually exists. Speed is about as good as it gets for a rec boat in this size. The Tsunami is very responsive as far as maneuverability and tracks well. It is quite stable, but leans well if you wish to lean into your turn. My only complaint would be I wish there was a drain plug or a better way to drain water out of the cockpit. The lip on the edge of the cockpit traps a fair amount of water when inverting and draining the boat. Still a very minimal complaint for a great rec boat.

03-27-2013

I've owned about 50 kayaks and the one boat I will not sell is my 125. It's a comfortable, stable ride and handles like a dream. I'm 62 yrs old and have paddled all my life. This boat makes it easy for me to continue my favorite activity. I like it so much, I just purchased a tsunami 145 to add to my fleet.

07-15-2012
Submitted by: Steve in ClevelandSend Email

So, I've had my Tsunami's (yes, plural) for about 3 years now. I cannot speak highly enough of the boats. I have paddled a few other boats and even strayed from the brand once to try others and... I came back.

The Tsunami 125 is very stable... ridiculously stable, in fact. For its size, it is pretty quick but as a stronger paddler, I can keep up with the folks in the 15-16' boats in my little 12'6" guy here. The cockpit is very roomy... The seats are so comfortable that you can sit in this thing for 8-10 hours and never get uncomfortable. The boat is very easy to get in and out of both in water and on dry land. Tracks straighter than you'd expect, and if you can edge it properly, it will turn very well.

I give the boat a 10/10 because it's very versatile, as I've done some rapids, Lake Erie, and any other type of water in between and have always been comfortable with the boat. Comfortable enough to buy three of them, in fact

03-27-2012

I got my Tsunami 125 about a year ago. I've used it primarily on local streams. I also seriously considered the Native Watercraft Inuit. I've found the Tsunami to be great for the sort of kayaking I do, which includes fishing for smallmouth bass. As someone new to kayaking, I think this is easy enough for a novice to use. The one downside to this kayak is that the foot pegs in the Inuit (and other Native Watercraft kayaks) are MUCH more comfortable. I find my feet get numb pretty quickly in the Tsunami. I'd give the Tsunami at 10 if it had the Inuit foot pegs.

12-10-2011
Submitted by: AnonymousSend Email

The Tsunami is a great sit-in kayak that is easy to use and great for all levels of paddlers. It is both quick and maneuverable and isn't too heavy to carry alone. I bought mine from oceankayaksales.com and have used it nearly every day since.

08-08-2011

My Tsunami 125 is 2 years old. I got it because it's lighter than my long boat and figured it would be great as a rec boat. It's fast, keeping up with 16 &17 footers. This boat has been around the Statue of Liberty where swells can be up to 3 feet. She rolls nicely and turns easily. Wind is never a problem. The boat tracks well, and no rudder is needed for correction. The design is perfect.

12-20-2010

I recently took this kayak on a 12 day trip on the James River in Virginia. We went from the source in the mountains to the Chesapeake Bay. This boat handled all my camping gear easily. It also handled class III+ rapids, flatwater and 3 to 4 foot seas in the Bay. It does not excel at anything, but handled everything. We covered from 20 to 38 miles a day and comfort was never an issue. I have sea and whitewater kayaks. If you had to have just one boat, this is a strong candidate.

11-23-2010

This kayak is hands down exactly what I was looking for. I knew i was going to buy it long before I did. Where to start. It's fast as all get out and its superior tracking is a must. One of my favorite things about my tsunami is the seat. It is adjustable in every way to give you maximum comfort for that long paddle. I have taken it on extended paddles and back is never sore. You just have to sit in one to understand. The cargo is watertight and there is enough room for a week or 2 of supplies. This boat is stable enough for a beginner though I don't recommend any rapids over class II. Highly recommended.

11-03-2010
Submitted by: WHDSend Email

My wife & I each bought a Tsunami this spring and spent a good bit of the spring and summer both on rivers in Virginia and along the coast of Maine.

These are great boats that we have enjoyed -- they have good stability, nice speed and maneuverability.

HOWEVER...
When my seat broke after less than four months, it was a major ordeal to get it fixed. "They" (whoever 'they' are) decided that his breakage was 'the seat user error' (funny, 'they' never talked to me about this). 'They' then graciously sent me a part to fix the seat saying that it was easy to fix. Well not so fast. I am an airline pilot and flew for the Navy for decades, so I am very good at all things mechanical. This 'easy' fix required a special tool for installing plastic rivets, now plastic 'snaps' to hold the seat cushion to the seat and a Dremel to remove the old rivets.

Do NOT get this boat if it part of it might break -- you will be left up a creek without a paddle when it comes to getting it fixed.

04-19-2010

Well I gotta tell ya... We decided this year with our tax return to get new Kayaks, upgrading from a Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable 'thing'... We read review after review on here, talked on forums, and everyone had some negative opinion one way or another so...

We said forget it. We went to the Backpackers Shop here in Sheffield Lake, Ohio and just decided to try Kayaks. Sat in them, found comfy ones, nice deck rigging and we knew the basics of what we wanted... At least 12' length, front and rear sealed bulkheads, and comfortable seating.

I looked at the Current Designs Breeze and some other CD boat and this one - the WS Tsunami 125 and sat in them all for 15-20 mins each and in the way of comfort, the Tsunami took the Gold. The design of the boat, now I'm not an engineer, but the Tsunami just LOOKED like it would cut thru the water a whole lot nicer than the other two boats in our price range... Very nice deck rigging, BOTH front and back sealed. We were sold. WITHOUT these reviews, we bought the Tsunami's.

The night we got them home, we sat them in our family room, sat IN them for 3 hours watching a movie and it was never uncomfortable...

Tonight, we took them on the lake for the first time. We went to Hinckley Lake which is a smaller inland lake within the Cleveland Metroparks. It just stormed all over the place and it was about 15 mph winds, so we actually saw waves that looked closer to one foot as they were capping over and curling... Kinda scary but the boats handled more than well... very stable, very easy to maneuver, and most of all very comfortable on the water. It was easy to adjust the foot pedals once in the water.

I give this boat a 10 because they are our first real hard Kayaks and the stability, size, price, sealed front and rear bulkheads, and comfort make this a hands down perfect choice for an entry level to intermediate level touring kayak!! Enjoy your paddling adventures! We know we will!

04-19-2010

Update!!
Just got back from paddling the Chagrin Lagoons up here in Ohio and the boats are fantastic. We could not have asked for better boats. Easy to turn, easy to propel, just all around fantastic boats and would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a great starting boat for the money!

10-14-2009
Submitted by: WaltSend Email

I am a novice kayaker and had rented a kayak last year for the first time and loved being out on the water so much with it that I decided to buy my own. My girlfriend and I bought a pair of red Tsunami 125s from Sportsmen Marina (good service and very knowledgeable)in Hadley, MA after a lot of Internet research on different kayaks. I have not regretted our choice.

We took a five hour lesson from an expert to learn the way to do different kayak strokes properly and some rescue maneuvers. The kayak handles well, paddles easily, and is very stable. The Gen. 2 polyethylene shell is very durable. I like the bountiful deck rigging and use it to secure our pump and some other gear within easy reach. We have paddled on the largest reservoir in Vermont and the Connecticut river in Western Mass with no problems. The kayak handled chop and power boat wake with ease.

I plan on getting a spray skirt for cooler weather and some rougher water (ocean bays, etc.). I am 50 years old, 212 pounds, and 5 foot eleven inches with real long legs and this kayak gives me plenty of room. Love the adjustable foot pegs, thigh braces, and comfy seat - I feel like one with the kayak and the water. Love observing all the wildlife while out on the water! Always wear your life preserver and don't litter! You will have fun with this kayak! I can load and unload this kayak to my car roof top cradles by myself with a little effort, but if this kayak had been 5 or 10 pounds lighter I would have gave it a 10 rating.

07-14-2009

I bought my kayak (a Tsunami 125 made by Wilderness Systems) last December (2008). I have been exploring lakes, creeks, rivers, and the near coastal Atlantic. This boat does it all. I have been in chop and strong current and prevailed without having to overwork myself. I have used it in Winter, Spring, and Summer. I am looking forward to Fall.

This boat has performed well under varied conditions and I would recommend it to all averaged size males (6', 180 lbs). It is OK to carry for about 50-100 yards; any longer and you'll want wheels. I transport it on the roof of a SUV so I load it alone over my head which is doable even after a rigorous paddle.

No reportable problems with this kayak. I recommend it for anyone that wants a mid-range touring kayak. The "W" decals fell off pretty quick but I didn't buy it to advertise for Wilderness Systems. Overall this is a great kayak and I wish I was in it right now.

07-01-2009
Submitted by: Shep

I hesitate to write this because today was the first time I have ever even been in a kayak, but then I thought maybe that is good because it will give perspective for a first time buyer looking for a user friendly boat. I had my Tsunami 125 out for three hours today in the bay in moderate chop with an occasional white cap and ten plus knots of wind. I felt like I have been happily married to this boat for a long time. It fit me like a glove, (5'8" @ 200 lbs) and felt very stable getting in and out along with hitting chop head on or from the side.

The boat tracks straight as an arrow and while I was having some difficulty turning at first, by the end of the outing I had started to get a feel for getting her around on demand. The seat is really very comfortable even with a bad back. Both the bulkheads stayed dry as a bone and the people I was paddling with were very surprised at the speed of both a novice and a 12.5 footer. I look forward to giving another review in the fall after many hours in her but for now if you are sitting on the fence about this boat, just jump down and get it. You will not be disappointed.

09-16-2008
Submitted by: floater

I wanted a kayak that I could carry and was comfortable. Something that tracked well enough to paddle across a lake but also make it down a class I-II river. Sound impossible. Not for the Tsunami 125. I bought it on Craig's list for $500. Sure it has a bunch of scratches and I'm the third owner. Doesn't matter. It works great. I can carry it with one hand. The seat is amazingly comfortable with two adjustments; one for the back and one to bring up the knees. The cockpit is roomy and my 6' 180lb body fits in easily. My backpack fits through the oval hatch. My paddle is secured by the bungie. If I buy another Kayak, it will be from Wilderness Systems. They rock.

08-01-2008
Submitted by: DonSend Email

I bought the Tsunami a little time ago, and at first was pleased with it. I really like the performance of the Manitou from Necky over my boat, but liked that they gave this boat a lifetime warranty. After a little over a month, I pulled the boat out of the back of my truck and the back of the boat hit the ground, popping open the plastic, so I took it back to the dealer. He inspected the boat and said the plastic was paper thin where it cracked and should be covered under warranty, but all Wilderness is saying is nature of the product and since it was "dropped" the would not cover it under warranty. According to the dealer this is not uncommon, he claimed Wilderness is the only manufacturer he has had warranty issues. Think this is the last one I will be buying...

07-25-2008
Submitted by: NewPApaddler

We went down to southern NJ from about 10am to 6pm on Saturday and had a blast. Three of us went, and we found that it was surprisingly easier to pick out "our" boat than we had thought it would be. Thanks to the advice given by some members of the PCC we got there with good research already done.

We started off by trying the WS Tsunami 125, 120, and Carolina 12, then moved into the Necky Manitou 13 and sport. We then tried the Tsunami 135 and 140, and Blackwater 10.5 and 12. There were a few Old Towns mixed in, but I don't recall which models. Oh, and for giggles (for which we really didn't get any) we all tried the Pungo, Pamlico, and Prodigy.

In the end, I had a very tough choice between the Tsunami 135 and 125. I loved the low profile of the 135, and it's width, ease and speed, but for my size, I was afraid that it would be too cramped on long days - there was no real ability to bend my knees, and my feet, with shoes on, were seriously overlapping... ugh, still a very nice boat and wanted it to work. So, the 125 it is.

We've taken the boats out now and are thrilled with them. They are light enough to be able to put them up on the car by myself, and easily fits in our shed. I'm 6' 190lbs, and this boat gives me what I need: room. Enough room to stretch out my legs without having to press on the forward bulkhead. Enough room to lift my knees to get them stretched. Enough room to be able to turn around and access the rear dry well.

Another nice feature about this boat is it's flexibility with regards to people. My father is 5'10'' and 220 - got right in and made it move. My grandfather at 6'2" didn't have any problems. My wife at 5'7" chose the boat for herself! Lots of flexibility. Oh, the foot pegs, thigh braces, and seat are all very nice. We are looking forward to taking them out on the Delaware very soon.

07-23-2008
Submitted by: notyomonkySend Email

Ok, I've been paddling this boat for several months now. It is by far the best boat I've ever been in. The seat is extremely comfortable, easy to adjust on all levels, and dries quickly.

Where this boat shines is in the handling. It tracks extremely well, has great secondary stability, the thigh braces give you a firm sense of control of the boat and it rides very well. I paddle small tight and fast rivers, do multiple day trips and also paddle the Great Lakes and this boat does it all. Looking to 'surfing' those high wind summer days that should be starting soon.

07-02-2008

coming out of a Perception dancer white water kayak, and wanted to boat with a rec/touring boat, I use this kayak for fishing on lakes and streams, the seat is completely adjustable and very comfortable, I'm used to thigh braces on white water boats so the thigh braces on the Tsunami make the transformation to touring yaks very smooth Now onto the handling: very smooth tracks very well, and has more than enough speed for a 12.5' yak, within 5 min I was completely at home in this boat, the paddle holder on the side works very well as a rod holder and the deck rigging is more than ample. I rigged the boat with an anchor trolly system and flush mount rod holder and the yak suits my needs perfectly. The foot peg adjustment is very nice and easy to adjust during use. Adjusting from power stroke to casual paddling with ease, the yak is very stable and slices though the water with ease aprox 4mi/hr without fatigue...

All in all, I am very satisfied with this kayak 20% off for $805 including tax at Eastern Mountain Sports in June of 2008. If you're thinking about buying a rec touring boat I highly recommend this yak

05-24-2008

I've just received my 125 yesterday and took it out on my river immediately. I've been using a Loon 100, which I wrecked a few weeks ago (there's a reason they make whitewater boats). The tsunami is much faster and more stable. It tracks very well. The only reason I've given it a nine is because I've only spent 30 minutes in it, but I'm already in love. By the way LL Bean did an excellent job of getting it to me quickly and unmarred for a reasonable price. If you know what you want it's not a bad way to go.

05-02-2008
Submitted by: LornaSend Email

I have been kayaking for almost 10 years, but the Tsunami 125 is the first kayak I've actually bought. I demoed it on a misty rain, windy day one year ago, and I haven't looked back since!

It tracks very well, has excellent secondary stability and smalls waves are no problem. The seat is absolutely amazing, a must since I am prone to back problems. It has more padding and strap adjustments than I knew kayak seats could have! The 125 is the perfect length to fit on my 14' Jetta, and it's weight is very manageable for me when I'm alone (5'9", 170# woman). The thigh braces are adjustable, and have great padding.

The only thing I have a problem with are the foot pedals. I have size 11 feet, and they tend to get a bit scrunched when wearing sneakers in colder weather. Barefoot is no problem, although the screws on the pedal tend to poke the sides of my feet. That's the only thing I see wrong with this kayak! You will not regret buying it.

08-21-2007

I am 6' 220#. I have looked high and low and think I have finally found the perfect boat in the TSU 125. OK, at least the perfect boat for me, keeping in mind that I am a rec paddler moving to the next level. I mostly paddle lakes and rivers up to class II rapids. This boat has the best seat in the industry, it has good speed, tracks well, is very stable, ample dry storage, deck rigging, and at 12.5' and 54#, is easy to manage out of water.

I only have a couple of minor complaints that seem rather petty when compared to the positives of this boat. A drink holder would be nice and for my build, an inch or so more of length to the cockpit would would have made this boat perfect. The width is fine but where the thigh braces mount to the boat (an inch or so overlap) makes the cockpit feel a smidge confining. I must add that I have mostly gotten used to this already.

All in all....WELL DONE and still a 10 as far as I'm concerned.

08-14-2007
Submitted by: David CSend Email

I'm 6'1", 195lbs, experienced and comfortable on the water, but moderately new to kayaking. I shopped everything, and found that the Tsunami 140 and 125 fit me perfectly and had all of the features I wanted (the seat is the best I could find.) I opted for the 125, and have been absolutely pleased with it.

I have had it out in still water several times, and this past weekend took it to the Outer Banks to blast through the surf for some true ocean paddling. This 125 cruises faster than the comparable Necky and Perception kayaks that my friends were paddling. Mine was the boat that everyone wanted to try out.

Craftsmanship: perfect.
Design: so much better than those of my friends. This boat needs no skeg, tracks very well, and has fairly good roll stability.
Features: It has everything I need, and several features found only on much more expensive boats.
Only complaint: I usually were shoes, but when going barefoot, my feet hit against the screws holding the foot braces.

To summarize, I am extremely pleased with the Tsunami 125. The Wilderness Systems web site blows, so don't bother going there for much info. (I think they have wisely spent their time designing and manufacturing excellent kayaks with lifetime warranties!) Find one at a local retailer. Sit in it and adjust that great seat. See if they'll let you put one in the water, and you'll buy it!

06-28-2007

I'm sort of new paddler and I tried no less than 8 different boats on two demo days recently and found- hands down that the Wilderness Tsunami 125 was the most comfortable- at least for me. I did try the Tsunami 14 but couldn't quite get my knees in a comfortable position as that area is a bit shallower than the 125. The Phase 3 seat is truly the most comfortable seat I sat in.

In the running for my purchase was the Necky Manitou 13, Current Kestrel 14, and Boreal Ookpik 14. The Tsunami just fit me perfectly. I'm 5'8" @ 190 lbs. Great decking and I love the dry storage space. Tracks very well. I'm a lazy river, creek, small lake kind of paddler (so far), but looking forward to expanding my trips. I would definitely give the Tsunami 125 a thumbs up.

06-26-2007
Submitted by: ShawnaSend Email

I just bought the 125 Tsunami, as a first time Yaker - it's incredible. I demo'd many... and the next closest to this that I enjoyed was the Necky with its narrower cockpit. It is very stable, great for a first timer -- and it glides very well through the water. I demo'd on a very windy choppy day, and I was convinced that day that this was the one for me. The seat is very comfortable and I love the extra deck rigging all over, and it has 2 storage hatches. My only complaint to date, is that one of my foot braces tends to stick when I adjust it for my husband to use, hopefully it'll work the kinks out. Great purchase!!!

06-19-2007

After a year of test driving and paddling other boats, I settled on the Tsunami 125, mainly because the cockpit is a bit larger than the 120. I'm 6'5, 200, with a size 13 shoe and it fits me like a glove - almost. Depending on the shoes/water shoes I have on determines how well my feet take advantage of the foot braces.

Tracking and speed are excellent for the type of boat this is. Front and rear storage plus a great on deck space make overnight trips very fun.

Perhaps the best part is the Phase 3 seat. This was the selling factor for me as long hours spent in a kayak often lead to back pain for me. The Phase 3 seat is like a Lazy-boy on the water. I can easily spend a full day on the water with no sign of stress on the back at all.

04-09-2007

I just purchased this yak after paddling the shorter Old Town Rush for a year. This is a sweeeet boat. I tried it in 15 mph winds with a good chop on our nearby reservoir. It is very stable, great tracking without a rudder, and easily maintains a respectable speed. It also glides nicely between paddle strokes. I often explore the swamps and creeks here in Mississippi. It turns slower than the "Rush" of course but that is to be expected. The seat is hands down more comfortable than any yak I've ever sat in. I ordered it from LL Bean and received it in 4 days! I would highly recommend this boat to anyone.

08-29-2006
Submitted by: SSCSend Email

We're Hooked! One sunny weekend into our new GEN 2 Tsunami's with nothing negative to report about these well designed Kayaks. Very stable, easy to handle and comfortable. I'm 6', 200lbs and my lovely bride is 5'6", 125lbs. The initial setup was a breeze for both of us. Being new to the Kayak world, I don't have much experience with other hulls for comparison but I have to admit my 1st impression is very positive. Who wouldn't enjoy paddling in Puget Sound on a sunny day watching Bald Eagles feed their young !

08-25-2006

I'm 6', 200lbs, size 11 feet. I've been paddling the Tsunami 125 for a year now, and may have found my perfect boat. It tracks well, turns easily, and the outfitting is head and shoulders above anything else I've tried. I've had it on rivers, lakes, and along the coast. It's handled every condition imagineable, and has been rock steady through everything. Even 3' swells and 40 mph winds don't affect it much. It windcocks slight, but was easy to correct with paddle strokes. I only have two complaints - the top deck seems to dent in easily (although the dent pops right back out in the sun), and the rear hatch cover doesn't seal well. Other than that, I don't think I'd change a thing. If you want a boat you won't outgrow, and don't want to deal with the off-water hassles of a longer boat, I'd give the Tsunami 125 a long look.

Rendezvous River Sports