Product Reviews > Canoes > Mad River Canoe > Express Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Express Canoe by Mad River Canoe

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

10-06-2006
Submitted by: carl pSend Email

I am pleased with the express. I just did a river trip down a section of the Klickitat river in WA. I paddled it solo, with my 75lbs black lab. He rides in the center of a truck tube forward of center, a bit. He is comfortable and secure there. He does not move or get off balance. I cover it with burlap to avoid the rubber from getting hot, in the sun. I recomend this for all canoe dogs they love it, and it adds floatation. It has the IQ system, so the seat is able to slide to just back of center. I have installed knee pads , and usually kneel in rapids,and sit in calm stretches. I paddle a grey owl sugar island paddle on river trips. It handles 2+ rapids well. It is not a play boat, but a good down river trippper. I think it turns well for its size,and handles well with a load. It is 34" inches wide,at the gunnels, and was managable solo. It tracks well enough in calm water and kept me plenty dry in the whitewater. I am pleased with the performance of this boat!

08-15-2006
Submitted by: Mike PerrySend Email

This is a fairly fast, stable, good turning canoe. Swedeform hull, royalex, web seats. Light weight (60lbs) and a nice carry yoke make it easy to load. I haven't had to portage it much. Good construction and design. Probably the best boat I have owned.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!