Product Reviews > Canoes > North East Outfitter > Sporter Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sporter Canoe by North East Outfitter

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

08-14-2008
Submitted by: DKSend Email

This is a great canoe! I use it for fishing, and usually paddle it solo. I sit in the bow seat backwards, and never have a problem with stability. I purchased this canoe at Dicks Sporting Goods, but no longer see it offered. They have a Field and Stream model that looks similar... A joy to paddle!

02-26-2008
Submitted by: rickSend Email

I got this canoe for Christmas - I am impressed. Slides through the water easily and is well balanced. Took a ride on it (before I knew it was my gift) and fell in love with it. I have spent thousands of hours in canoes, but this one ranks number 1.

08-11-2006

This NEO Sporter is the canoe for fishing! Yes, it is just a 3 person canoe, yes it is about 90 lbs, yes it is a little wider than other canoes ... BUT those are NOT issues for 2 people at all. This little canoe is very stable in the water. We have a Ranger pickup and we simply drop the tailgate and slide the canoe into the bed with all of our stuff already in the canoe (except for the battery & motor .. we put them in seperately). We secure our life vests to the bleacher seats, set our tackle boxes & coolers on the bottom of the boat, secure anything loose with velcro straps, hang on the red flag at the back & motor to the lake! Our first day out ... did NOT want to leave the lake ... but night was approaching and we did not have a light yet. We picked up 2 small rubber 20lb anchors ... (2 work great at the fishing spots ... keeps the boat nice & steady). For the price and construction of this canoe ... and for our purposes ... fishing & relaxing ... nothing else comes close! They may have to call out the St. Bernard dogs to coax us off the lakes (LOL LOL)