Product Reviews > Kayaks > Riot Kayaks > Excursion Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Excursion Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

12-07-2007

One of the most stable platforms for sea kayaking out there. A very forgiving boat. Have used it for 2 years in my outfitting fleet, and with probably 1000 paddler trips in them, only 1 accidental tip. That in itself is remarkable with many novice paddlers. It has given me a whole new level of confidence when entering into non-calm sees with newer paddlers. Always smiles when the boat handles the water effortlessly.

On the down side, it's big and heavy, but that gives it stability. Also a small person with short legs might have difficulty operating the foot controls fully for the rudder, as it is a wide boat. You can rig it up to allow a little more slider room if you know what you are doing.

07-24-2006

I took my excursion out for the first time to Highland Lake, CT. It was very rough out that day due to all of the boats. It performed very well in the rough water. Not as fast as my prijon kodiak. But it was an excellent boat.