Product Reviews > Accessories > Lightning Offshore Kayak Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Lightning Offshore Kayak Paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

07-24-2006
Submitted by: LukejtSend Email

I purchased a Lightning Offshore with a light fiberglass shaft last year from the Lightning Paddles bargain bin. I love this paddle. It's light at 26oz and the price was right. It has a great feel to it. Quiet, powerful, light and easy to handle. My Lighting paddle brings a smile to my face whenever I pick up one of my old paddles and realize how light it is. I felt guilty bought my wife a nice light Aquabound CF Stingray. The Aquabound is a nice paddle, but does not have a large enough blade for my taste. I like the blade design of the Lighting better than other paddles I've used. My previous favorite, a Carlisle 2000 is heavy by comparison and wears me out after a while. I can paddle longer with the Lightning Offshore. The shaft is sweet and feels just right in my hands, I like the flex. It's a very comfortable paddle. This is my 5th paddle (I've got 2 tandems for the family) and it's my favorite by far. I've had it in shallow rivers over small rapids, braced on plenty of rocks and it still looks new. The blade is super thin and strong, compared to my Carlisle paddles it's holding up much better. If you are looking for a quality paddle, check out Lightning Paddles. If you are lucky you might even find your size and style in the bargain bin. You won't be dissapointed!