Product Reviews > Accessories > Yakima Wind Jammer Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Yakima Wind Jammer

Yakima Logo
See Products from Yakima in the Buyers' Guide!
Yakima in the Buyers' Guide:
  • BowDown
  • HullRaiser Aero
  • HullRaiser

09-06-2012

This was $25 well spent. My round Yakima bars sounded like a huge swarm of hornets, drowning out my car radio with their buzzing. The Wind Jammer takes away about 95% of the racket. When I have a boat on top of my car, I don't have the problem with noise, and the Wind Jammer is very easily removed and put away until I need it. I considered the Yakima fairings, but they cost triple, take up more space, and aren't as easily removed as the Jammers.

01-26-2009

Simple aerodynamics at work here, that's why factory cross bars on factory racks are oval or elongated. Yakima has their round bars and Thule has their almost square bars, and they both sing their own tunes at highway speeds, although the round Yak bars sing louder. This simple piece of plastic gets rid of 90% of the sound at cruising speeds. It's worth the investment is you don't care for rack music. I never liked rack music... it has no soul.

01-21-2009

My car has a sun roof so I was unable to install the wind screen from Yakima. Bought this little piece of plastic and was sure I wasted twenty dollars. I was very wrong. This cut the noise almost to nothing. Great product!

05-30-2006
Submitted by: Brian NewhookSend Email

This product is amazing. It drastically reduces the loud humming noise that comes from wind passing around the roof rack bars. $22 well spend IMO.