Product Reviews > Accessories > Gillespie Paddles Powerstick Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Gillespie Paddles Powerstick

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

04-29-2013
Submitted by: KenSend Email

I just finished a week with a new lightweight carbon hybrid outrigger paddle. It is light, comfortable, and looks terrific. I love the subtle double bend and shaft shape and feel. The three-wood, five layer lamination looks great and is very light. The d-grip fits perfectly. I love the blade shape and the lower grip area. It's made a big step up in paddling performance for me, both in the OC6 and our OC1.

09-26-2007
Submitted by: Brad GillespieSend Email

Hey, this is the paddlebuilder, and I certainly appreciate the cudos from you guys!! It's food for the soul!
Thanks a lot, Brad Gillespie

09-21-2007

I recently purchased a Gillespie Balsa Ultralite Paddle. Mr.Gillespie is a true craftsman in every sense of the word.

This weekend a friend and I paddled 31 miles on Lake Hiawassee and the Nottley River in North Carolina. The Gillespie's performance was simply superb. Extremely efficient with a great catch very similar to the Zaveral Power Surge that I usually use. A bit heavier than the Power Surge but easier on the joints and aesthetically superior in every way. The warmth and beauty of wood with the efficiency of a Zav. How can you go wrong?

07-23-2007
Submitted by: BrianSend Email

I was surprised and happy to see a listing for Gillespie Paddles. I purchased two wooden "Outrigger" paddles ten years ago from Peconic Paddler when I lived in New York. All I can say is what beautiful, great performing, expertly made light weight and durable paddles. They are bent shaft with an epoxy, I believe, tipped blade for durability. The grip on the handle and shaft are perfectly shaped. It was a great investment I never regret. Buy any paddle Gillespie makes, he is a true master craftsman.

05-30-2006

Very comporable to use and a pleasure to behold I was using a bent composite 12oz paddle. My shoulder was hurting so I switched to the Gillespie 19oz 10 degree paddle and my shoulder felt better right away.