Product Reviews > Accessories > Sea to Summit Ultralight Dry Bags Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sea to Summit Ultralight Dry Bags

Rated: 7.86/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Sea to Summit USA Logo
See Products from Sea to Summit USA in the Buyers' Guide!
Sea to Summit USA in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Deck Bag
  • Dry Packs
  • Storage Sacks
  • Dry Bags
  • Urban Travel Bags
  • Waterproof Cases

08-10-2013

I bought several sizes of these bags when they were on sale. I was attracted to them because of their lightweight as opposed to my old style heavy vinyl bags. The bags are lightweight and more compact. I have used the smallest the most and it has been ideal for small items like my keys, phone etc. that MUST stay dry. So far it has worked extremely well and stayed completely dry.

I have rated this bag a 9 because I have only used it for this season so far and can't comment on how well it will hold up under extended use.

07-18-2013
Submitted by: Bill RSend Email

these bags are very economical, and keep your gear dry - as they are made with ultrasil they are more flexible than a lot of dry bags, watershed (which are excellent) and the old heavy vinyl bags. I use these bags for camping and river trips, when sitting in water the material does seem to get permeated but the gear stays, for the most part dry (for clarification I use this bag to keep my tent dry which sits in a "divider" in the storage compartment of my sit on top) -- anyway it sits in a damp area and sometimes the tent case may feel damp- the only other problem is the "tape" material which is supposed to seal the seem area has come off two of my bags (I probably only 12-15)

04-07-2009

I've been using a small size bag for about two years now. I'm not a heavy user and it gets used for day paddles only. I've not had any leaks and I love the nylon exterior. I've even used the bag for my SOT and it sat in water the whole time. The soft shell makes it super easy to fold and stuff in a day hatch. I've had zero issues with my seam tape or any other quality control problems. I might be inclined to say that they wouldn't hold up to expedition abuse as well as a typical PVC type dry bag. But then again, they might be just fine. I'll be buying a second bag this summer.

08-09-2007

This was the third year using these bags on multi-week trips. I stand by my earlier review but dropped the rating to 9 from a 10 because 3 out of 5 bags developed pinhole leaks. But I abused them terribly and will replace them, because there is simply no other bag that allows you to pack so much in your hatches for long trips.

06-29-2007

I've been using these incredibly lightweight dry sacks for several years. Even though the waterproof coating is on the outside of the bag, they have not leaked yet. The seam taping is done on the inside and on all my bags have never shown signs of peeling.
8/10 because of expense.

05-17-2007

The silnylon "dry" bags from Sea to Summit are junk!
I don't know what "Lyngo" (the reviewer below me) does with his bags, but my seam-sealing peeled off after a few uses. My backpacking budddies bought the same product and the same thing happened: the seam-sealing tape has delaminated. The bag is also not strong enough to be used as a dry bag in a kayak/canoe - I think it is primarily designed to be inside a backpack.

03-27-2006

I originally purchased these bags because of their thin material, silnylon. I assumed it to be no better or worse for keeping my gear dry as I've never had a dry bag failure while seakayaking, even when there was water in my hatches. But the other day I went ww kayaking for the first time. The Sea to Summit got fully submerged for at least 10 full minutes in a rapid (the kayak was caught in rocks and filled with water). I was surprised that the dry bag kept all my clothes completely dry. The only reason I give the bags a 9/10 is because this will be my second season with them, and durability is still in question. If I'm still using the same bags by the end of 1 more season after this one, I'll raise the grade (if I remember to).