Product Reviews > Canoes > We-no-nah Canoe > Solitude Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Solitude Canoe by We-no-nah Canoe

Rated: 9.57/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

09-28-2012
Submitted by: LGSend Email

Finally found a used one for sale in great condition. Had been looking for a nice one for years since they quit manufacturing this model. If you have one and are willing to sell it, contact me.

09-08-2009
Submitted by: A CSend Email

I bought my Solitude back in 1992 a white gel coat tuf-weave, tractor seat model. I was planning on selling it but after reading these reviews I thought what am I thinking? It's a great canoe that has been a trustworthy friend for all these years of paddling.

11-02-2006
Submitted by: pwSend Email

I have been paddling a Solitude for 5 years now. In that time I have run some white water, paddled mountain lakes,had it out on Lake Michigan, and on salt water in Rhode Island Sound . There are a number of things I like about this boat. I find it to be very stable, reasonably fast, and very pretty. It does however weigh a lot. Mine is a Tuffweave boat with wooden trim and a cane seat. I bought it new one year after it was discontinued so it was cheap($375.00) and a great price by the pound. Over all, the thing I enjoy most about this boat is how well it handles open water. The biggest factors are wind and chop. The pronounced tumble home helps with both; providing a stable dry ride. If you can find one buy one!

08-07-2006

What a great all around canoe! I bought this used for a song. Kevlar ultralight layup. Which weighs 30 lbs. Bought it so my girlfriend can paddle with me and can even carry it around herself if she wants. Super stable boat w/ lots of tumblehome so paddling is easy. Pretty good forward speed also for being so manuverable. This was a long time We No Nah model. They should have never dropped it. I love their boats... also have their 18' Jensen, and Solo Prism. As well as two of the Current Design kayaks (manufactured by WeNoNah). For a faster solo (less stable & less manuverable) get the Prism - which is the best Solo out there - period. Tried all the others.

07-18-2002
Submitted by: ExplorerSend Email

This is my SECOND solitude. The first one was tuff-weave. Since my wife is only about 100 lbs when climbingout of the lake, I bought the ultra light model for her. The boat is about thirty pounds and paddles. I love the boat for its stability and its maneuverability. It is great for fishing and photography, or just playing on a lake or river.

Would I buy the boat again? I did.

01-25-2002

I bought my Solitude used. This 15 and a half foot Tuff-Weave canoe has excellent stability whether loaded, or paddling empty across whitecaps in the middle of a lake. It's great tumblehome makes paddling easy. I find the tractor seat very comfortable for long days on the water. I can only handle cane seats for about an hour before I want to get out to stretch. The Solitude is stable enough to lean back and put your feet up on the gunwales to stretch while afloat. With Wenonah's carry yoke, I'm able to portage this 50 pounder for over a mile without wanting to rest my shoulders. A great tripping boat!

04-11-1999
Submitted by: GEO123Send Email

Rating a "high 10", this Jensen designed Tuff-Weave canoe has a sliding seat to keep trim perfect; enough tumblehome for loaded stability, without getting in the way of paddling. Better than expected glide for a short boat. 1 and only "not-perfect" is lack of back support availability for tractor-style bucket seat; great for paddling, but tough on lumbar when stopping to fish for a while, do some photography, et cetera. (We-No-Nah claims (via "Debbie" on 'phone) that they're looking for a suitable bucket seat add-on... any enterprizing inventors out there???) All in all, the Solitude's the BEST I've ever come across, in my 51 years!

Piragis Northwoods Company
Free Shipping on New Canoes from Piragis Northwoods Company or pick up in Ely, MN and get $100 off