Product Reviews > Kayaks > Riot Kayaks > Regency Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Regency Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

01-07-2009

I absolutely love my Riot Regency!!
I recently purchased this kayak for open water paddling and camping up to 4 days. It has adequate storage and 3 conveniently placed compartments and a suspension net immediately in front (fore?) of the cockpit. At 5'2' and 180#, I can comfortably enter and exit the roomy cockpit. I can also store a bag of goodies at my feet. It turns easily and tracks well. So far, I have paddled in 1-2 ft seas with no difficulty, and I do not consider myself to be an expert paddler. This is a plastic boat.

03-13-2007

Ive paddle a slew of different boats, and to be honest am not the first person to post a review of a boat. That being said, Ive taken my regency into 6 waves already, and paddled water from Lake Ontario, the Niagara River and many other smaller lakes and it has not only performed but excelled in all of these conditions. The stability is great and carving leaves nothing to be desired. Rolling is also easy in this boat, and the speed is definitely there.

The seating is good, although Im 5 8 and 170lbs so the fitting required some extra blocks added, but once done it fit like a glove.

Anyways, hope this helped. These posts have helped me a great deal looking for boats and seeing how pleased I am with my Riot, I feel obligated to add my two cents.

11-27-2005

I am not an expert paddler and I have paddled this new Regency few times but it seems to be pretty stable with an excellent cargo capability. It is not the fastest on the market but it combines very well all the pros for an intermediate paddler.

I paddled it on a small lake with strong wind (20 Knots) and 1-1/2 ft wave the wind effect was marginal and the waves, just fun. The secondary stability allows good turning without bracing.

I think it is a fun intermediate/advance kayak.

Suspenz: