Product Reviews > Kayaks > Clipper Canoes > Q-Star Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Q-Star Kayak by Clipper Canoes

Rated: 7.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

08-16-2007

A Q-Star by the same name may not be the same. This boat brand was made for different distributors and by two different manufacturers and with different specs. We love our q-star. It is the mini cooper of kayaks. Fun, stable, light and easy to paddle on river or ocean. Our Q is an unbelievable 19 lbs complete with its comfort seat, stowage compartment, bungies and bulkhead (no sinking this boat). We give it 5 out of 5 q-stars.

08-04-2007
Submitted by: notquitesenior

If you want a short light boat to explore lakes and calm waters with friend that may not have kayaking experience - that can fit in your van/SUV - the fiberglass version may be the boat for you. Sterling kayaks makes this boat as well. If you are like Dmitri, then I agree - this is not the boat for you.

03-12-2007
Submitted by: DJFSend Email

I recently got a QStar and have paddled the plastic Kewi Kopapa which its based on many times. I have many friend who use these boats all the time and love them. I think these boats are really designed for moving water, Class I and II, and work well there. They are meant to spin and move sideways easily, so tracking is not their strong point, but they work OK fine for flat water too. I can get decent speed in them. They do wobble a bit when paddled but so do most short rec boats.

11-20-2005
Submitted by: DmitriSend Email

I paddled the Q-star on a demo day, basically in a pond, where it belongs. To sum it up" it's a funny widdle boat". It's light, I could pick it up with 2 fingers. Very nicely finished except for a rather horrid seat.

Paddling it...it's sort-of ok if you paddle very slow and easy, on flat water without any wind. I tried to do a couple strong power strokes to see how it accelerates. Well instead of accelerating, the nose of the boat sort of jumped up and sideways. It is very stable. Basically it's something a senior citizen can easily carry around and car-top to a little pond and putter around in a very relaxed pace. If you can carry 40 lbs or so, please, for the love of god get some sort of a real rec mini kayak. Wilderness Systems Pamlico 100, Pungo 100, even Necky Sky.