Product Reviews > Accessories > Harmony Tortuga Kayak Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Harmony Tortuga Kayak Paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

04-23-2007
Submitted by: Rob McCoySend Email

Harmony Tortuga 228-240 adjustable. The reason I'm not giving this paddle a 9 or 10 is because I'm a novice at this kayaking thing & I'd hate for someone more learned than myself to go buy one of these on my scrutiny.

Compared to the paddle I started with this thing is a dream, lightweight & smooth. It's like it wants to dive in the water. The paddle slips into the water like an olympic diver, very little splash. Very important when you're fishing. I thought the smaller blades would be less powerful than the warclub I'd been paddling with before. Much to my surprise this thing pushes my Yak along faster than the big bladed beast I replaced.

If you're a connoisseur of paddles this may not tickle your fancy, however if you're looking for a good paddle at a reasonable price this is a good one. Fiberglass construction weight about 40 oz.

11-16-2005

I just picked up a Harmony Tortuga kayak paddle to use as a back-up. I picked it up on Ebay for $40, which is incredible when you see the quality and design of this paddle. It was designed by the same folks that brought us the AT Ergo Tour T4E, and it is very similar in design to this paddle. It is a light weight touring paddle. The Tortuga has all the features of a $200 paddle at a fraction of the cost. Dihedral power face and longer profile blade designed to enter water smoothly and effortlessly. As a back-up, for the price it's unbeatable; but I would go so far as to say that if I already have the AT Ergo Tour T4E , I might have gone with this one for my primary. It's a steal. Sound construction, impeccable design, and at a cost that makes it hard to believe. One of the better purchases I've ever made off of Ebay...