Product Reviews > Accessories > Kokatat Orbit Tour PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kokatat Orbit Tour PFD

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

10-17-2007

I'm 5'10" 185lbs. and went with a S/M size. Fits well, multiple adjustment straps make the PFD hug you in the right spots. Knife tab is located in just the right spot; doesn't interfere in any way but is totally accessible with either hand. Not convinced that the Tour version is worth the extra money, however the Tour does have the reflective piping on the shoulder straps where as the Orbit does not. This is definitely for the minimalist paddler who values simplicity and a free range of motion. I would consider the Orbit, or a Hybrid inflatable to get this kind of unobstructed freedom.

10-17-2005

I am a 6'1" 200# male. I was looking to switch from an inflatable PFD to one with permanent floatation, I was going to purchase a Hybrid one for it's lower volume. I came across the Orbit tour at a very good price and decided try it. It was a good move. Excellent range of movement, adjustable, good storage, attachment points, reflective strips, and air flow that helps keep you cool. The only complaint I have is that it is a pullover and maybe not as easy to put on as a zippered vest, but this is a minor inconvenience on an excellent product.