Product Reviews > Accessories > American Traders Beavertail Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for American Traders Beavertail Paddle

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

07-23-2008

American Traders sells pretty, well-made paddles at an incredibly reasonable price. There is much more at the retail store than they show on the website, but if you call and ask for Tim, he'll make suggestions, tell you what styles are in stock, and even suggest something less expensive - how nice is that?

Also, if you can get to Brattleboro, VT, the store has bins full of "seconds," which are beautiful and functional paddles - one-piece and laminate - for $20. I bought a poplar and cherry beavertail for $39, and my husband bought a walnut and poplar for the same price; they are esthetically pleasing and light. They have nice kids paddles, too. Great store, great wooden canoes, great paddles!

09-12-2005
Submitted by: MickJetBlueSend Email

I now have 3 of these paddles, one all cherry, and the others of poplar/cherry. I have six other paddles, mostly bent-shaft. The American Trader beavertails are my favorite to paddle with, especially in the 57" length. I am 5' 10", and paddle from a standard canoe seat. They supply good momentum and excellent control in flat water. Highly recommended.