Product Reviews > Kayaks > Victory Kayaks > Navigator Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Navigator Kayak by Victory Kayaks

08-06-2014
Submitted by: TWASend Email

We recently rented the Victory Navigator while on vacation. It was a great ride, easy to paddle, glided through the water with much ease. We were on Lake Champlain, with a light wind, handled the wake from passing boats well also! Looking for where we can buy Victory kayaks, as we are in the market for two.

07-27-2006

Update - I recently purchased a Perception Montour 11 for my wife but it does not perform nearing as well as the Navigator which cost half the price. The Navigator is much faster, easier to paddle, and tracks better than the Montour which has a drop skeg. If you have a dog who loves to boat this one will carry the both of you. If you can still find one of these I'd say buy it!

03-20-2006

Paying only $250 makes this a great boat for the price. Love the huge cockpit and so does my golden. Seat is not great and footpegs feel cheap but for $250 I can't complain. The boat tracks well, is very stable and easy to paddle. My wife has a wide bottom SOT and now she wants one of these as it's so much faster. Being a Gamecock I wish it wasn't Clemson orange!

10-20-2005
Submitted by: WAG

Agree w/ all other reviewers, I also purchased my boat at Dicks for $300. Only down side I can see is that this is a plastic boat. After one float down about 3 miles of the New in VA the bottom was badly cut. I am considering applying a cheap bedliner type material to help this.

10-04-2005
Submitted by: Bucky

We bought a couple of close out Victory kayaks at Dick's Sporting Goods.

On the water, they were nice for the price. We were out on a small river dam lake and they paddled and tracked very well. A bit of river current on the way back made me wish I had a rudder, but for this price, oh well.

It has a large cockpit which is easy for learners to get into. There is a small cat bag to stow necessaries, which is handy.

Seat was pretty comfortable for an inexpensive Kayak.

My only complaints: Material is basic plastic, so I doubt these would last long out in the elements. We're storing ours indoors.

The other thing is that one of our kayaks seemed poorly manufactured. The two halves of the hull weren't lined up exactly. There was about a 1/8 gap that had been soldered over. Also, the seat installation had appeared to be botched and had been visibly patched over.

So be careful and be sure to check your boat over thoroughly before taking it home.

Be sure to hang on to the Manufacturer Source of Origin slip, which in in a small plastic bag attached on the inside of the boat near the seat. You'll need this in addition to the receipt to make the exchange if you land a defective boat.

Aside from this, this was a very nice handling boat for the price. Ok for aspiring beginners or people who want a spare kayak or will only require light usage.

09-27-2005
Submitted by: ALSend Email

I walked into Dicks Sports and found a Victory Navigator on clearance for $299.00. The staff insisted that it was made by Wilderness Systems. It is not. They also insisted that this was the lowest price it has ever sold for. I question that. The kayak however is great. For this price it is bigger that the otter or the blast and if you are taller or heavier than average you (I) found the fit very comfortable. I the creek or river it is very stable and travels and tracks well. Overall a very good kayak at a very good price even if the sales people are not as well informed as they could be.

08-14-2005
Submitted by: peteSend Email

I walked into my local Dick's Sporting Goods and found a Victory Navigator on sale for $299. Bought it immediately. Went out on the lake with a friend who has an older Pungo made by Wilderness Systems and did a side-by-side comparison - they are identical! Formed in the same exact mold, even has the same seat! The Pungo has screwed-on hooks so you can bungee cord gear - my Navigator has lightweight bungee cords already attached - that's the only difference between the two kayaks.

I'm very happy with my purchase. It paddles effortlessly and straight, and no tippyness I've felt with others, even more expensive kayaks. For the price I'm very tempted to get a 2nd just to have for the wife or friends to use.