Product Reviews > Canoes > Mohawk Canoes > XL 13 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for XL 13 Canoe by Mohawk Canoes

Rated: 7.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

05-30-2006

I've owned my XL13 for about 10 years. I've put it to the test over the years, mostly running class II/III but some class IV. My reason for the high rating begins with it's durability. The original saddle system is still in good shape. I've replaced one air bag, only because I left it fully inflated in the heat.

I learned how to paddle whitewater with this boat, so it has seen it's share of rocks and abuse, but the hull is still solid and the canoe performs reliably. It's a solid river runner, and it will side and front surf on "Jaws" (Nolichucky) quite easily... it was never designed to be a rodeo playboat, so I don't deduct points here.

I've had my share of fun with it, and the factory direct price I paid plus shipping made it the best value (I shopped and compared EVERYWHERE!) and a great choice for any beginning to intermediate paddler.

The advantage of it's 13'3" length is that if you want to do some overnight tripping, you've still got space for your gear under the air bags (when you let some air out.)

I own several boats, but would be hard pressed to let this old faithful go.

11-05-2005

This is a BIG boat for 13'. And heavy. It is quite stable & tracks reasonably for a rockered boat. Probably a great beginner whitewater boat for a larger paddler, but is simply too big & wide for my petite frame.

08-10-2005
Submitted by: lawsonSend Email

This was the whitewater boat I learned on. It is stable but easy to turn. It can do what you ask of it. This is a wet boat and has very poor hull speed, but a comfortable ride in big water. If you want a play boat keep looking but if you need a solid river runner it's not a bad boat.

New York Kayak Co.: