Product Reviews > Kayaks > Boreal Design > Muktuk Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Muktuk Kayak by Boreal Design

Muktuk Kayak by Boreal Design

Length: 16' 0" - Width: 23.75" - Starting at: $1499.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Boreal Design Logo

03-26-2010
Submitted by: NeilSend Email

I started with the Boreal Narwal fiberglass but went with the roto-molded equivalent, the Muktuk for it's superior durability. I have used it on week-long wilderness river camping trips and ocean day trips. It is easy to handle, takes a beating and is very stable. Liked it so much, I bought a second Muktuk to share with a friend.

09-11-2007

I am 5'3", 130#.
I loved this boat. I spent a week off the coast of Maine learning to kayak in it and had a wonderful time. One day, I borrowed a friend's Necky Eliza and, although it was much faster, the Muktuk was a better fit. If you are a smaller, novice paddler, this plastic boat is worth a look.

I was able to do self-rescues fairly easily and the boat lent itself to leaned turns.

I am still looking for the "perfect" boat and am trying many fiberglass boats that cost several times what this one does, but it is still in the running.

07-26-2005
Submitted by: S PSend Email

I bought a Muktuk recently because I have a larger kayak too: Esperanto (duo). The Muktuk is a very good kayak. Very stable, easy to paddle, relatively light and I use it when my wife doesn’t want to come with me. It's a good choice.

Thunder Bay Tourism: