Product Reviews > Kayaks > Mainstream Kayak > Cruiser Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cruiser Kayak by Mainstream Kayak

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

08-22-2012
Submitted by: BrianDSend Email

Bought in 2002 for 200+tax for the combo, which included a decent paddle and Harmony spray skirt. Very stable boat! When compared to the Old Town Otter that is. Not so fast as to get anyone excited, but held my 6'2" 270lb just fine. Have since sold it, but the Cruiser was my first hard boat, and holds a special place to this day!

04-08-2008
Submitted by: John

I just bought this kayak from Gander Mountain. It is very comfortable and very stable. I just took it out this morning to Aurora Reservoir in Colorado. It was pretty windy which kicked up some small waves but I circled the entire reservoir with no problem.

I couldn't believe how maneuverable and easy to handle this kayak is. I added a couple of fishing pole holders to mine as well as a skirt designed to hold stuff as I plan to use mine for fishing. I recommend it to anyone.

02-14-2008
Submitted by: JCSend Email

Bought mine in a package deal with nylon skirt and paddle for $400 at Gander Mountain. That seems like an average price. The nylon skirt is pointless, if you need it, you bought the wrong boat. This is a great summer sitting for a long time boat. Not particularly fast, it is as nimble as it needs to be, adequate in some mild whitewater and tracks surprisingly well for such a short boat. It scores A+ in comfort and weight. It has such a simple seat concept, yet is the most comfortable kayak I've ever been in (of a list of around 30) It is very light and easy to carry. It needs footpegs though, I added a set for $30, something the factory should have considered. I'm not sure but I think this kayak is a clone...just too many other boats out there that look identical, perhaps a Perception. Buy this boat if you're a beginner and don't want to worry about disliking your boat. Buy this boat if you're relaxing on the water and don't want to spend alot on features you won't use. Don't take it on whitewater, it is too flimsy a boat to withstand hydraulics in a capsize around rocks situation. I would draw the line for paddler weight around 260, don't know what factory specs are. The cockpit is big enough for bigger paddlers than that, but the boat just doensn't displace enough H2O. Comfort makes this a better buy than an Otter or FeatherLite. This is the 'comfortable' entry level kayak.

06-14-2005
Submitted by: mikeSend Email

I just bought a cruiser at Gander Mountain. Great boat for the price. It is extremely stable, and comfortable. I didn't see any major tracking issues, which is surprising for a smaller boat. It had enough room for me, at 6' 200lbs, and a small lunch. All in all I really like this boat and will use it every time I have a chance.