Product Reviews > Accessories > Astral Buoyancy Wonderjacket Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Astral Buoyancy Wonderjacket

Rated: 7.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

05-30-2006
Submitted by: ChelleSend Email

I've had my Astral for a year now - it is super comfy! It doesn't squish, it doesn't constrict; sometimes I don't know I'm wearing it. My main complaint is that it's very bulky in the front. I'm not used to having so much 'volume' in front of me - it makes it hard to hoist myself back into a raft. If you're not rafting, though - it sure is one amazing PFD.

04-20-2005

The WonderJacket was one of a number of PFDs I brought home to wear for awhile before deciding which to keep. I tried on nearly every PFD under the sun: men's &women's in astral and many other brands. My take on this jacket is that it is made with exceptional attention to detail. Very high quality materials. For me though, the molded foam fell midway on my breasts and just rubbed and rubbed and rubbed. (I am 5'8" and wear a 34 D or 32DD.) Pulling the jacket down and cinching up tighter did not help - if the jacket got at all out of position, the rubbing was even worse.

If you want a women's jacket that MOLDS to YOUR body whatever your shape - definitely check out the Astral Abba. The fill is natural kapok which is AMAZING. Standard foam just doesn't compare. The Abba was the vest I ended up buying. The fill kind of feels like a dense rubbery lumpy pillow - you really do have to feel it to understand. I would suggest that before you buy the WonderJacket you check out the Abba. The Abba is even less expensive @ around $100!

02-09-2005

I've had my Wondervest for a full season now and it's wonderful! I can get a snug fit and not feel squished. It stays put all day and is very comfortable. I can unzip a little for ventilation and the straps keep everything secure. Good flotation in the feet first swimmers position. It doesn't get in my way when paddling and is fairly easy to get in and out of.

I would give it a 10, but the adjustment straps take a bit longer to mess with than my older Extrasport. However, the Astral stays in place and I can breathe when it's snug. The Extrasport crushed me and still rode up.

If you're a big lady, you'll breathe easy with the Astral Wondervest. :)