Product Reviews > Kayaks > Otter Outdoors > Stealth 2000 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Stealth 2000 Kayak by Otter Outdoors

Rated: 5.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

07-03-2014
Submitted by: mike magagnaSend Email

I have taken this on many lakes and used it for fishing and relaxing. The seat could be more comfortable but I have had no problems with anything else on it. Wish there was more room to stick supplies and gear.

07-27-2009
Submitted by: RobertSend Email

I would have given this boat an 8 but after confronting the company with a serious problem associated with the use of this boat and getting a "its-your-problem" response from them. I have to say shame on you to any company that has no interest in the well being of my favorite hunting buddy that could break his leg on the very platform that is made for him to sit on. If your dog jumps off this deck and his foot slips into the very handle you pull it around with, he will more than likely break his leg or even worst injure his hip.

03-24-2009
Submitted by:

I bought a Stealth 2000 2 years ago and I think this is the best boat on the market. I have run trough grass, ice, rocks and every other thing I could find. I am extremely rough on it and I haven't been able to bust a hole in it yet. It's also the most stable boat I have ever seen. I would recommend it to any water duck hunter! But I do agree it's a little heavy... and the weight listed was 125 lbs.

01-05-2005

This so-called kayak is designed for hunting and fishing, has a catamaran - style hull for stability, and stable it is! I'm 210 lbs. and can literally stand on the gunwales to climb in. It comes complete with 2 gun racks, slots for thermos and shell boxes, dog seat up front and a very dry rear hatch. The rear 'outboard-style' seat reveals ample storage, as does the optional front seat. There are, however, several problems with this boat's design.

Most importantly, it does not weigh the advertised 100 lbs - tips 143 on my scales dry and empty without the front seat! Way too heavy for solo - it's a job for 2 strong, healthy men and even then it's work.

Secondly, there's no such thing as tracking or glide, floats like a bathtub. Forget taking it thru the grass.

Other critiques:

The optional blind comes with galvanized steel (bright silver) frame components - shines like a mirror when collapsed. Not a great feature on a 'stealthy' boat. For $400 they could have at least powder coated it.

The motor bracket allows the props to strike the soft poly hull with even the mildest left turn, and believe me that's not something that you'd want to allow repeatedly, even the slightest 'tic' leaves a noticeable gash. Only workaround is to drop the motor well below the hull while motoring. Unless the motor is lowered completely, canting it will allow it to strike the hull further back.

Bottom-line - don't plan on paddling very far to hunt or fish. If you and your buddy wanting a stable shooting / casting platform, with a place to stash the guns without scratching them, and a comfortable seat for "waiting them out" - awesome.

I'm getting a Tarpon 160.