Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > GT 8.1 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for GT 8.1 Kayak by Dagger

06-28-2006
Submitted by: no name

This is my second boat. My first was a percetption mirage (13.2') so really no comparison. The ONLY bad thing that I have found about it is the fact that it is so forgiving that I can get away with alot of bad technique! I have had it on everything from ocean waves to class IV. Plenty of volume for big water but still fun on playwaves. Very stable and easy to roll.

11-10-2004

So I wanted a whitewater boat to surf in....as in ocean surf...here in RI there is no real whitewater to speak of except for the salty kind....so I was looking for a boat to take to the sea....I had been using a Perception Corsica Matrix for about two years and I was ready to move into a planing hull boat...figured that I wanted to keep some extra volume for the surf (easier through the break etc) so searching around I discovered this boat...

Well I have had it and used it now for about 3.5 months....LOVE IT...great boat to surf with if you are just looking to surf...play-well different matter...there is a lot of volume to this boat so it is impossible to get it to do anything flatwater wise....but to ender on a wave easy!!!! Especially with so much volume in the bow I find myself popping back out....and reverse enders easier than anything plus simple to turn into a pirouette....but my favorite thing is to: back surf.....this boat is phenomenal at that!!!! Many times I will be zipping by the local boarders backwards with them staring at me....then 10 flat spin and out I go.....

So overall this is a great boat for me...I am 200# 5'10" and the boat fits like a dream...I have surfed in 1-2' waves with it (a wee bit sluggish of course) and 10-12' waves in it (a freakiní blast!!!!)...

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!