Product Reviews > Canoes > We-no-nah Canoe > Kingfisher Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kingfisher Canoe by We-no-nah Canoe

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

04-26-2007
Submitted by: Bob

I own a Kingfisher in the Kevlar Flex-Core layup. I feel this is the ultimate fishing canoe. Paddling it solo from the bow seat in reverse I can stand to fish when desired. Also holds plenty of gear for two. The Kevlar is a must for the construction,due to its width. It is a very comfortable boat to relax in. It is not the easiest canoe I have owned to paddle, yet its stability and volume offer a great day of fishing. I have landed 40" plus muskies out of this boat and never once felt I was in danger of capsizing. If you love to fish from a canoe and are not overly concerned about efficiency, this is your boat.

05-18-2006
Submitted by: SherrieSend Email

We purchased a Kingfisher from a canoe/kayak specialty store in Austin, this being the recommended model from our knowledgeable saleperson. Our family tried it out last weekend on a river camping trip with another family and couldn't be more pleased with our purchase. We were loaded down with lots of camping and fishing gear and this canoe is easy to paddle and very stable. We never came close to tipping, even in fast water. For fishing, the stability is a huge bonus. This boat is wide, which allows for lots of room to carry gear. Since the Llano River is rocky in some areas, the Royalex did get some scuffs and minor scratches, but no harm done. Amoung our group, there were 4 canoes and we tried out the others and were glad we chose the We-no-noh Kingfisher, it was the best of all. This is a great all around canoe that is perfect for our needs while being lighweight and of very good quality. We are so pleased with our purchase, we are considering buying another We-no-nah so we won't have to borrow another canoe for our family of 5. Can't go wrong with this one unless you want to set speed records.

08-11-2005

My family and I love our Kingfisher (royalex). Here's how we have used it with much fun and success:

• single person fly fishing in a lake -- sitting and standing (takes reasonable balance)
  • lake trolling with three in the boat and two poles in the water (highly recommend c-clamp pole holders)
  • lake adventuring with two adults, two kids and a dog against a strong wind (the weight definitely helped us through this one as similar situation paddling solo was painful--it's the only reason I give this canoe a 9 vs. a 10)

We load it right on to factory racks on our expedition. At 65 lbs and some additional fishing gear two adults can carry it 75-150 yards fairly easily--more than that and you start to feel the burn. It's fantastic for trolling, flyfishing and the only reason I am considering a motor is to get to the secret spots quicker.

If you are going to solo and face a lot of wind often, I'd consider a different model.

• 07-12-2005
    Submitted by: LouSend Email

I purchased a Kingfisher in UL Kevlar on June 1, 2005 in Inlet NY. My main use will be 2-4 day trips on lakes and rivers with some short to medium portages. Light weight, capacity, stability and seaworthiness were my main considerations. I also test paddled the Spirit II and The Adirondack. I have been canoeing and kayaking for 35+ years. The Kingfisher fit my needs to a tee. The day after we purchased it my wife and I spent a day fishing and paddling around Indian Lake in the Adirondacks. We were both impressed with its stability, and ease of paddling. We then went on a four day trip down the Bog River Flow to Low's Lake. We were carrying 600 lbs of people and gear. The boat paddled like a dream. It's not a racing boat but very easy to paddle, tracks well (better with a load) and was very maneuverable. We encountered 1.5-2 ft waves one day with no problem. If you want a super stable boat with good capacity and arenít out to win any races this is the boat for you.

05-17-2005
    Submitted by: CorySend Email

I just purchased my Kingfisher (Royalex) and so far I love it. It is a high quality canoe with all the right features for me. I am an avid fly fisherman so I was searching for something that I could stand up and cast. This canoe performed beautifully! The first time I stood I was amazed at the stability. I had an excitable dog with me but it didn't matter - rock solid. I also was looking for a canoe that I could solo most of the time, but available for tandem as well. I'm 6'1" 190lbs and it works for me. Itís a little awkward putting it on my truck canoe racks, but really not bad considering it is 16'. I put weight in the front and sat in the stern seat and it worked well. I was no speed demon, but I moved along nicely. The wind pushed me around a little but nothing major. It seemed par for the course for a canoe. If you are looking for a quality canoe and a solid platform for sporting type activities I would highly recommend this canoe.

11-03-2004

I paddle this canoe on local lakes for fishing and bird watching. I have the Kevlar Flex Core version. It is very stable and glides surprisingly well, despite its width. At 51 lbs it is quite manageable for my 14 year old son and I to get on top of my van and get to the lake. My only complaint so far after one season is that it does seem to get blown around in the wind. There is plenty of room for an ice chest and fishing tackle and any other gear you might need for a day trip or overnight.

Piragis Northwoods Company
    Free Shipping on New Canoes from Piragis Northwoods Company or pick up in Ely, MN and get $100 off